iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Ole New England Weather!!

Started by neslrite, March 08, 2005, 09:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neslrite

Today is the 8th of March and we have 6 inches of snow, 40MPH winds and its 15degrees :'(
Yesterday was 50degrees , no wind and bright blue skies.

I am all done complaining about the weather ;D
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

jjmk98k

Today we were supposed to get some rain and snow mix, it ended up being snow that froze on the road , making everything slick as could be.

no accumulation, less than a inch, but the raods were worse than when we had 6" two weeks ago!

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Pete J

Even though I can see Hartford, CT from my house. It still took me over two hours to drive from Hartford back home. What a mess this storm is!

Captain

Yeah, when Kevin called me whining about the weather when he was plowing, I was stuck at the firehouse for multiple calls...got a feeling we're in for a long night, it is pretty wild out there.

Captain

woodmills1

and now the wind is blowin like mad!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

RSteiner

Looks like Kevin has another notch on the yardstick of age today!

Happy Birthday to you!!!! 8)
Randy

pappy

24" of snow with winds gusting up around 40 MPH and this is what the back door looks like  :o

waded out to the shop ... took a shot of my wood pile

then turned and took a pic of the house...the deck is four feet off the ground  :o

we got some drifts over 6 feet in the yard...gonna take my neighbor with his tractor/snow blower for this one..a pickup with plow ain't got a chance

Happy Birthday Kevin !!

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

etat

A bit cool here today too. Cold front come through.  High of only 48 degrees.  Next few days it's supposed to get back up in the low to mid 60's where it's supposed to be. The early grass is starting to green up here and there and buds on the tips of the trees.  My dad put his tomatoes out last Saturday though he did make a frame and staple some plastic around em until it gets just a little bit warmer. 
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

neslrite

I was hoping that now one would notice that I was getting older! :(

I just got off the phone with Mr Pender and he says that it 72degees in Oregon. >:(
I don't mind the cold or the snow but those 2 nice day we had gave me a bad case of spring fever.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

tnlogger

first happybirthday Kevin
we are having dogwood winter here to had snow on the daylilleys a couple days ago.
but warm days are right around the corner  ;)
gene

sprucebunny

Happy Birthday, Kevin !

This building is very exposed to the northwest. Can't keep the pictures straight on the walls today  :o
but we didn't get much snow and the sun will be out in a few minutes ;D

There's about twenty birds, mostly finches, out on the porch. Don't know how they hang on in the wind ???

This is what you need, Termite !

It makes a nice noise ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

pappy

Joan I could make a good buck around here if I had one of them big toys  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

farmerdoug

Happy Birthday, Kevin.

About 3/4 of the snow melted here in the warm spell and after the temp dropped to the single digits we only received a dusting of snow.  But the water backd up from the melting snow with the digs still full of snow.  Now we have great ice rinks for the skaters but it sure is hard to move anything on that ice without chains on the tires. ::)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

thecfarm

I'm gald I have a snow thrower mounted on the back of my tractor.At 540 rpm wet,soggy snow is not a problem for it,just have to go slower.This storm was heavy,but nothing like the last one.I still have plenty of room for snow.Bring it on.I'm ready.   For spring that is.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Happy Birthday Kevin  8).
At noon Mt Washington in N.H. was -18 with 70 mi winds gusting to 100.
Joan them things will scare you to death, especially when the shoot turns blood red  :o. The hydro line to turn it broke  :D. I cleaned the flightline at Pease AFB N.H. 72-73.
Ed K

pappy

It's official the weather report said we got 29" of snow and I must say "the wind blew and the sheet flew and we didn't see for a day or two"  Hired the young feller across the way to blow us out...I need one of these...

the bank by the road

diggin' the vehicles out

Now this the kind of winter I remember as a kid... or were the telephone poles just shorter in those days :o

Supposed to get down to minus 20 to 30 wind chills tonight...BRRRR gonna toss a couple a chunks of rock maple in the furnace and rent a movie

Pete J

This storm did a job on my snow blower. I got into some real heavy, wet snow and the little engine was stuggling. Then it stopped. I tried to yank on the starter cord, nothing. It was all seized up. Quick, back to the garage, drained out the hot oil. Put in some fresh oil and tried again. It wasn't gonna budge.

I hooked up the electric start cord, hit the button and presto, finished the driveway.

You just gotta love those briggs engines.

Furby

Are ya sure it wasn't just ice build up?
I get the same thing all the time, and it's due to ice.
Just a thought.

Rockn H

Reading all these weather reports have got me thinking about the last 8 years of running to wisconsin and all points north east.  Some beautiful country but why does it have to get so cold in the winter.  Last year was in Saratoga Springs NY, 50 below wind chill.  My hats off to you guys.  smiley_clapping The high was down to 57 here today, I'm glad I'll be in Miami friday. smiley_sun  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!