iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ford Chainsaws - information wanted

Started by ComputerUser, March 10, 2005, 04:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComputerUser

I have been a lurker here for some time and have been impressed by the depth of knowledge that members of this board have on the subject of chainsaws.  I have also been impressed by the willingness of folks to share information and historical tidbits about saws and saw-makers.  So hopefully somebody will have some information that may help me out here.

I have an old Ford-badged chainsaw that was given to mey by my grandfather that I am thinking about reviving.  I have not had much luck finding information on these Ford-badged saws online, and my grandfather died this past summer, so my sources of information on the saw and/or the history of Ford-badged power equipment are limited at present.  If anybody has any knowledge about these saws or knows where I could find information on them, I would appreciate it very much.

I will try to get pictures this weekend to make available in case that would help ID my saw or provide visual clues to point me in the direction of useful information.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

KiwiCharlie

Hi,
Id like to see some photos of your saw.  I never knew Ford made/badged chainsaws.
I hope they ran better than their cars!  ;) :D  But thats another topic altogether!
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Bernhard

Ok, I donĀ“t think it will help, but colour you can see at the exhaust side of this saw, let me think it is a Homelite.

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Ironwood

Do the saws have a 460ci? Fuel injecton? Think of the bar length possible! :D :D :D REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

thecfarm

lewwee,like the web site.I found the Ford saw on there.Seems like I saw one of these at Fyeburg Fair.I think it was Ford blue.That's what caught my eye.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

sawguy21

We have a Ford chainsaw at the store that was apparently made by Olson & Rice (O&R). They re badged a lot of equipment, particularily for Sears
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

leweee

Jeff.... heres my favorite Olson & Rice Saw

Olsen & Rice also made engines for model airplanes
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Jeff

redpowerd

im with jeff, that thing is pretty cool. chip-a-saw. :D
the forum on a saw mounted inside the engine compartment was interesting also. i just dont know where you find this stuff.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!