iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HUSKY 394 PROBLEM

Started by KDJ, March 23, 2005, 11:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDJ

I JUST GOT A HOLD OF A 394 SAW AT AN AUCTION THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE TRIGGER FOR THE THROTTLE WILL NOT PULL THE SAW TO FULL THROTTLE UNLESS I USE EXCESSIVE FORCE THE THORTTLE CABLE IS VERY LOOSE BUT I CANT IMAGINE THAT THE STEEL CABLE WOULD STRECH THE 1/4 INCHE OR SO THAT IT IS THE SAW IS STRAIGHT AND DOSENT APPEAR TO HAVE ANY HANDLE DAMAGE IS THERE ANY RECALLS ON THIS THROTTLE ASSEMBLY I CAN ONLY GET ABOUT 10500 RPMS OUT OF IT AND THE SPRING DEAL ON THE CARB IS CONSIDERABLY FAR FROM FULL OPEN THROTTLE ON THE CARB IF USE MY FINGER TO PUSH THE THROTTLE ALL THE WAY I CAN GET THE RECOMMENDED 12500 RPMS OUT OF THE ANYONE RUN INTO THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT DID YOU DO

jokers

Are you sure the linkage is properly attached? Any slop in it anywhere?

Russ

KDJ

SLOP IN THE TRIGGER THE TRIGGER FULLY EXTENED BUT DOSENT PULL THE THROTTLE CORD UNTIL 1/3 OF THE WAY TRHOUGH THE PULL AND I DONT SEE AN ADJUSTMENT FOR IT

KDJ

fishhuntcutwood

KDJ- Where are you?  Do you have a Husky dealer near by?  That sounds like an aweful long way for the linkage to stretch, though I've not worked on Husky's.  Does the saw idle OK?  Does it rev from idle OK?  I think you should be into trigger tension as soon as you pull it.  Is your trigger sitting right in the handle?  It almost sounds like your trigger geometry may be off somehow.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

KDJ

FUNNY I TOOK IT TO THE LOCAL DEALER THIS AM AND AS I WAS SITTING AT THE COUNTER WAITING FOR THE TECH GUY I PULLED OFF THE AIR CLEANER AND COVER AND PULLED THE TRIGGER AND THE double DanG THING WORKED GREAT FULLY PULLING IN THE THROTTLE GO FIGURE MUST OF BEEN SOMETHING STOPPING IT AND THE RIDE IN THE TRUCK BUMPED IT LOOSE SO I WALKED OUT THE DOOR HAPPY AND MAD THAT THE double DanG THING WORKS WHEN YOU BRING IT IN

KDJ

HUSKY 394
JONSERED 670
STIHL 026 PRO

I LIKE SAWS

fishhuntcutwood

Well there you KDJ.  Funny how things work out huh?  Saws are cramped little tools, and if they don't get put back together right, things will get hung up.  I know on the 460 you have to choke the carb to get the airfilter base back on easily.  You could muscle it on, but who knows what would bind up then.  Something got knocked loose on the drive over, or when you took the filter off.

Regardless, good for you!

Take care all,
Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Thank You Sponsors!