The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: I TOLD Y'ALL  (Read 6371 times)

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Share Post
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
Re: I TOLD Y'ALL
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 07:38:26 PM »
Everyone send $100 (US) to me and I will keep a detailed record. Will invest an equal amount in each and will file reports periodically (when I get the time) We can all find out which loses at the fastest rate. When all of the money is all gone I will file a final report and can then set up a second test to find out if the results are the same. Worst 2 out of 3 should be good enough to publish the test results on the FF for everyone to compare.  8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline dail_h

• Senior Member x2
  • G-Diddy and the Baby Hurlenator
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 08:25:38 PM »
   I think y'all missin the point altogether.I'M GONNA BE RICH. Why this thing's gonna be lots bigger than any ouny little ole mud project,and certainly too uptown for pig parts,'n such like.
    But I'll have to say that most of the right people seem to want to get involved. Shoot,we all might get rich,ya reckon?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Offline etat

• Member*
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 10:50:05 PM »
Well Dail, as the top two surviving members of a  investment corporation with millions of members on multiple  continents I think it's fair to say that we both know a bit more than we're letting on about 'making' and 'losing' money. And the perils and pressures that can befall one throughout the way.

Even thought he losing part weren't our fault we shall henceforth use the knowledge gained to weed through these proposals until we find exactly where ya need to invest all that money.  While investing on several different fonts may be ok, a perceived notion that even one of these fonts 'might' not make money makes such investment impractical.  That said, it is the risky, and imaginative ventures that stands to gain the most money. 

I am both watching for someone to come up with 'exactly' the right idea, and working on it myself at the same time.  Once we figure on exactly the right venture I'd be honored for you to send all your money to me to invest for you! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Offline dail_h

• Senior Member x2
  • G-Diddy and the Baby Hurlenator
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 09:19:23 PM »
   Well thank you there CK,like I said,I'M GONNA BE RICH,and will surely need someone to help wif the investing,as I'll have my hands full makin the stuff. I don't know why soomeone ain't figured it out already. Shoot,alls ya gots to do is git yourself a small manual mill,nothing fancy,if its too fancy the customer will figure out how rich ya gittin,an mess up the deal. Like I said,git yourself a mill,find some ole boy makin pallets under a shade tree,let him talk you down a little on the price,he won't know you gonna make your money on the volume. Whine a little,and git him to promise to keep you in logs,all the time you know he ain't,but it makes him feel like he's contributing to the deal. A mexican to help offbear is good,course he won't be available but 2&1/2days a week,and when he's there,he won't be worth a durn.
   Y'll jest don't know how fast the money rollsin. Why shoot,I might have to get ole Dang to come outta retirement to hep CK. He did volenteer first,but I thought shoot,he's done done all that work,I hate to bother him wif something this involved.
                          I'M GONNA BE RICH
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
so i was told

Started by snowstorm on Forestry and Logging

20 Replies
Last post February 19, 2013, 09:15:37 PM
by CTL logger
xx
They told me I was ripping them off

Started by Sawdust Lover on Sawmills and Milling

72 Replies
Last post November 19, 2012, 06:54:55 AM
by Meadows Miller