Finally got some pics online.

Started by FiremanEd, May 30, 2005, 10:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanEd

Still don't have them uploaded to this site but here's a link

www.imageevent.com/fireals

Eddie
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

oakiemac

Nice setup. Do you sell your lumber to wholesalers? Do you buy the logs or log them out of your own woods?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

FiremanEd

We buy our log supply. My brother is my primary logger, I also buy all the tie logs from a 2nd logger and hopefully this week will be picking up a 3rd. Getting the 3rd logger online will get our log supply up to where we can build some inventory. So far the 2 logging crews aren't keeping up w/ Woody.

We produce a variety of products. With lumber prices down we're going for the largest timbers / ties / cant's that we can produce from each log as timbers are bringing a good bit more than lumber. We're running about 60% of production into timbers of one size or another now. Timbers and ties go to either Burke-Parsons-Bowlby or Koppers. Our lumber is going to a variety of buyers, mostly flooring plants with the low grades and off species going to a survey stake plant about 20 miles up the road. He's paying almost as much as the flooring plants are paying now days.

Eddie
AccuTrac Electric Edger

oakiemac

I have kicked around the idea of cutting ties, but I don't have a steady log supply. I get most of mine from blow down or tree services. I don't have the time to keep up with this supply.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

FiremanEd

Log supply is our only issue, at this time. Now that Woody's up to speed on the 300 he needs 1 1/2 to 2 trailer loads of logs / day. I'm having to get a 3rd full time logging crew onboard to assure this steady supply.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

iain

Eddie boy that thar saw may be grey, but my she sure do look sexy ;)

iain

mometal77

Eddie you are about 102percent ahead of me. I cant wait to share my photos.  You even have a roof.  8)
bob
deming,wa
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Furby

I think you may have been out in the woods a "bit" tooooooo long Iain! ;)

iain

Thats as maybe Mr Furby, but tell me i'm wrong :D

iain

Furby

Yup, wrong!
VERY good looking saw though! ;) ;D

Furby

Actually iain, I think I better confess..........
I just got back from a two day fling with a sweet little LT70. She had an extremly well put together frame that was rounded out with a strong little caterpillar (I think it was a CAT anyways, someone correct me if I have it wrong).
She kept winking at me and motioning for me to come over.
I knew that I shouldn't, as I was there for the hot little swingers, but I did go over and run my hands over her cold steel frame. ;D ;) ;)

iain

that expkains the eyes on furby :D :D

iain

Haytrader

::)

Who's been in the woods too long?

:)
Haytrader

Furby

:D :D :D :D

Naw iain, just like the idea of still being able to move the mill once in a while. ;)

Roxie

Well, Furby, this explains your lack of reaction when I put my arm around you!  I wasn't packing a catapillar!!   :D
Say when

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!