iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hit a turkey today!

Started by old3dogg, June 07, 2005, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

I was driving on Rt 120 back from Emporium, Pa. and saw a turkey fly over the road. I was watching this hen land in a field near by when another hen decided to take flight. Didnt see the darn thing. Couldnt swerve beacuse a semi was coming the other way. The darn thing hit the windsheild and ended up in my lap and started flapping and rasing a fuss! What a mess! I think the bird is ok. Pulled off the road and let it out and it walked off just as fine as could be. The company car is a mess and I have a broken wrist as well as a bunch of cuts from the glass.
Darn turkey are getting as bad as deer here in Pa. >:(

sprucebunny

You broke your wrist ??? :o I hope you're better soon.

How come you didn't take it home to cook ???

I think you must be allowed to eat them when they do that much damage ;D  ;)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Pete J

I'm just glad it wasn't a moose!

leweee

Last of the Great White Hunters 8)
Him use CAR smiley_indianchief
  smiley_turkey_dancing

Good thing it was the company car....hope the wrist gets better soon.

Besides that birds to0 tough to eat. :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Don_Papenburg

Should have been very tender after the glass shard tenderizer job.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

redpowerd

i hit one today too, with the diskbine
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

mometal77

Out here in washington i think we need to get the deer insurance you hit one your policy doesnt even cover it.  I have checked with anumber of insurance agencies. I also would trade you turkey for deer anyways.  Better than hitting a elk. Or a cow..
bob
deming,wa
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

old3dogg

Im just glad that I can type with one hand! ;D
Another inch or 2 and the thing would have come right through the drivers side window.
We dont have moose here but there are a lot of elk in that part of PA. Havent seen one yet. ???
Im good for a least 1 deer a year with the bumber. First time hitting a turkey.

Ianab

A friend of mine took out a cow last week, luckily he was in his logging truck at the time...
Still $8,000 of damage to the truck, he's off the road for a week and the Toyota 4WD coming the other way was totalled after running off the road and rolling 45ft down a bank  :o
Luckily the cow was the only serious injury.

Thats one lucky turkey...
Hope your hand heals up OK too.

Cheers

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Teri

Glad yer ok. If a deer or turkey hit me, its coming home with me and straight to the freezer!  ;D

sawguy21

Glad you were not more seriously hurt. That must have been like a bomb going off beside you. Those Pa turkeys do not sound any brighter than the average moose. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Cedarman

Many years ago when I worked in Trinidad, a coworker was driving down the road and a big vulture didn't take wing fast enough and went through the windshield. That wasn't so bad ( company car and all), but when the vulture barfed all over him, that was disgusting.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

leweee

Quote from: redpowerd on June 07, 2005, 11:58:10 PM
i hit one today too, with the diskbine

Deli brand slice & dice turkey ::) ;D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Stan

I swear one of them hens flew through my truck one summer day. She was that close and I didn't hit her so.... ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Thank You Sponsors!