iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boo Boo

Started by Haytrader, July 07, 2005, 10:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

Anybody care to guess what happened here?

I'll give ya'all a hint.
I nearly said DanG.

;D
Haytrader

Paul_H

Were ya sharpening drill bits?  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Typing accident? ??? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kirk_Allen

Table saw injury while ripping a board?

Furby

Haytrader

You smart ashes.

;)
Haytrader

tnlogger

piece came off the roller and gotcha  ??? ;D
gene

Paul_H

Okay Haytrader, What happened to your finger?  ???

tnlogger

wal i went and blowed that pic up so i could see real good and it almost looks like ya shot yer self with a nailgun bu i just knowd it cant be that.  :D :D
gene

DanG

You're screwed? :o ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

So you're saying Haytrader might have injured himself while doing his nails?

Paul_H

I went and brightened the pic too and there is a nail that is held in his right hand,but there is a bandaid there too(left hand) so I'm wondering if the nail is to hold the bandaid in place,or is he burning a wart with a hot nail?

Haytrader

Oh, I see we have a bunch of comedians here.

But, tnlogger get er right. I was building me an overhead storage for some lumber. I was holding a 2x6 to be nailed at a 90 to another one and when I pulled the trigger it shot twice.

It only went in a 1/2" and didn't get into the bone. I walked to the house so my wife could see (witness program... :D) and she bout fainted. It came out easy. She says I need a tetnus shot. I told her the nail was new.

:D
Haytrader

Paul_H

That nail looks like it was headed straight for the first knuckle.Amazing it didn't do serious damage.

DanG

Only went in a half inch? :o ::)  You need ta get a better nail gun!

I hope ya don't get the idea that we aren't too concerned.  Personally, I'm settin' here right beside myself.

Haytrader

DanG,

Yer up WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to late.
I got up for a couple tablets and am holding my left one higher than my heart.
:-\
Haytrader

DanG

Shucks, I ain't done eatin' supper yet!

CHARLIE

Haytrader, it coulda been worse!  You coulda nailed your hand to the 2" X 6" board and then couldn't get off the ladder.  So you woulda stood there hollering for your wife who couldn't hear you 'cause she was cooking a fantastic supper.  Then she coulda got mad when you didn't show up for supper and madder yet when it got late and was figuring you musta gone into town for a few cool ones.  Then with a hoarse voice, you resigned yourself to spend the night on the ladder with your hand nailed to the board.  Yep.....it coulda been worse.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Haytrader

Yer eatin way to late according to all the x perts...... ;)

Ladder?
I was on a plastic milk crate on the pile of lumber.

:D

And Charlie, the first alarm that would have gone off in her head wouda been............
"Wheres the cook?"

:)
Haytrader

CHARLIE

:D  Well, hopefully she woulda gone looking for da cook and not just fixed a peanut butter sammich.  That would be tough to sleep standing on a milk crate.  Next time use a ladder.  Then you could at least have something to lean against when you sleep. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

Geez Haytrader that looks sore. Between you and Jerry's fishhook story I'm just going to sit on the couch and watch TV for the weekend. No use taking any chances. ;D

SwampDonkey

Haytrader, ya shoulda knowed that you wouldn't get no sympathy from this bunch fer doing dumb stuff. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Rod

I've nailed my hand to the board before. :D

karl

Ht
Glad it were'nt worse.
Had a experienced kid come to work for me one time and had shot a 16d through his index finger by 8 am. ::)

Wanna hear a BIG nail story ta make ya feel better? Well, I'm gonna tell anyway.

Have a neighbor now close to eighty, tough old Quebecer him.
Usta do lots of hunting/trapping
One morning he jumped from a low plank bridge into a couple feet of water to set muskrat traps.
There had recently been some planks and scrubrails replaced  and some idiot dumped the ripoffs into the water- he jumped right onto a 10" cabin spike sticking straight up through a 2' scrap.
Yup, right through his foot just ahead of the ankle. :o :o :o
he had to step on the board with his other foot and pull his foot off the nail with both hands :o
I never look off the edge of a bridge or culvert without thinking of him
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

GF

You are pretty lucky it was not worse (even though it still was bad), that kinda stuff can happen in an instant. 

Thank You Sponsors!