iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Palmer's Tree Service heading south

Started by inspectorwoody, September 09, 2005, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Recieved word that a very close friend of mine will be taking his crew and equipment to Alabama to hlep in the Katrina clean up.

He was a full time police officer in Manchester Iowa as some of you may remember as he is a member on the FF. After putting in for a leave of absense, the chief of police denying it and asking him to put in his resignation Kyle is offically done patroling the streets tonight.

I spoke with him last night and he feels this is what God has intended for him and his family. No more working all day and than beating the streets at night. He is such a wonderful guy and will be missed by many as he puts his life on hold to help so many people in need. I know that many others are doing the same but it is different when it hits so close to home.

Kyle will be living in a camper with eight of his crew. He will be taking his boom truck...skid steer...newly acquired log truck and many many tools etc.

He has been supported by so many in his community. He told me last night that customers have been stopping by and giving him money to help with gas and other exspenses. He also expressed that many businesses in Manchester have donated tons of items to be given to the people affected.

Although money is not important but helping the people is Kyle also expressed that if he gets into FEMA work etc. that the pay is very good. Just for groundsmen I believe the pay is 100.00/hr! Just think what it is for operators etc.

Please keep Kyle and his crew in your thoughts and prayers. We all know it is for a wonderful cause and just one of the many reasons why living in the United States of America is so great  :)

Gadget

Roxie

Thanks for bringing us up to date with him!  I remember he is the fellow that we had so much fun making up a name for his truck!  Please tell him we'd like to hear from him when he gets back!   :)
Say when

beenthere

Hopefully for him, he has already made the contacts and knows who to deal with down there. My brother in law in Hattiesburg said there are many, many drive-bys with equipment looking for work but not finding it. The locals are giving them a donation to try to help get them on the way to wherever the 'work' is down the road. Otherwise they are just competing for the goods and services that the locals are finding in short supply.
Also, I heard yesterday on the news, for people to please contact Red Cross or United Way, BEFORE gathering canned goods, dry food, clothes, etc. as it is difficult to deal with a truckload of unknown things that may not be needed or no place to send it. Makes sense to me. Even money donated has caused the system to bulge and bog down in some places.

I did find it strange that a Coroner along the coast was having to deal with bodies without any electricity, meaning no cooling or lights. Working in the hot sun during the daylight was how she was going about her business.  Now - a generator set would do this person some good, as she is an important cog in the wheels that are spinning down there. Seems if the news media can meander up with their hi-power TV cameras that they could get the message to the right places to have a generator set quickly.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!