iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Future Log Trailer - New WHOPPER Log PICS

Started by Kirk_Allen, October 03, 2005, 03:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Ironman,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wecome aboard.

I know its lots of reading but you might want to go back and read this whole tread. 

Firstly, this trailer has new axles and springs and is rated for 15K.  The tires are 10 ply E rate and to date not a single problem with wear.  They are centered and tracking true, which is usually the biggest problem with tires on trailers. 

Secondly, you can rest assured this trailer is OVER Engineered.  Buzz helped build it 8) 8) 

As far as the 5 ton thing, I guess I am in trouble becuase the last week alone I hauled more than that each load two to three times a day.  The biggest load so far was 10 ton 8) 8)

I understand that your comments are "IMHO" but your walking that thin line of being a NAYSAYER and we all know what I have already said to them about this trailer.  smiley_nananana

Kirk_Allen

;D Lord Forgive them for they know not what they say  ;D :D :D

MULE_MAN

Kirk

I seen the size log's your hauling home,,  :o  soooo I'm pretty sure I don't  want to
tail for you  ;D      If I could get my Backhoe to your place I might be able to
tail for you  :D  :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

oakiemac

I haven't followed this thread at all but just looked today and want to say that is a nice trailer. Good job on building it.
Only negative that I can see is that it is bumber pull. A gooseneck is much safer to pull especially in bad weather but you'd have a hard time pulling a gooseneck with the Suburban!

Once again, nice trailer.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Curlywoods

Gooseneck.....be careful there OakieMac.  Kirk's log geese might throw a real fit if they thought Kirk was thinking about a gooseneck  :o

Besides the log truck is a Chevy Suburban with over 500Kmiles on it.  I guess Kirk couyld chop out the top in the rear and set it up for a gooseneck trailer  :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Kirk_Allen

Hey Mike, thats not a bad idea.   8) 8)  Especialy after what Chevrolety sent me for what they called a milestone.  Any guess what they chose to give me for hitting the 500,000 mile mark on my suburban?

New Truck..........NOT :(
Discount on a new Truck...........NOT :(
Rebate on a new Truck..........NOT  :(

With all there wisdom and money, they chose to GIVE me a Certificate for a FREE LOF (lube, Oil, & Filter) :o 

Sure hope I didnt break there bank account on that promo :(

wiam

I was thinking a gooseneck hitched to the Suburban also. ;)

Will

ScottAR

The way things are going for GM, you could be more right than you know...

:-\
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sawguy21

I was thinking the same thing Scott.  They might have sent him free shares. :D :D :D. Kirk, looks like your training might be the part time gig now. Looking good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

rebocardo

> With all there wisdom and money, they chose to GIVE me a Certificate for a FREE LOF

So you could bring it in and have someone mess up the LOF and blow the engine or not wipe down the grease fittings before filling the joints up and blowing out the seals. Really though it was probably so they could look it over and figure out how to not build them so good again.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!