The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Fuel/Oil mixture on larger Huskys  (Read 4800 times)

Offline David B

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Yahoo! Photo album.
Re: Fuel/Oil mixture on larger Huskys
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 02:06:38 AM »
Jokers and Walker, you have my utmost respect as far as knowing your stuff. (Matter of fact, Id like to tickle your brains on tuning here before long, and before I mess something up, ha-ha).  I must say though, as far as being a nice place to hang out, this forum beats the pants off the other. My main hobby (passion) is offroading, and I've spent a lot of time on related forums. I gradually quit, mostly cuz I got sick of people and their bad attitudes, and partly because I wasn't learning anything I didn't already know. See, that's the nice thing about this forum...even if I ever get to that point of know most of it with sawing, etc, Ill still hang out here...cuz yall are great folks.  I think half the people on the net hang out there because they have no friends in "real" life cuz they're jerks. I am forever marveling at why people think it's ok to mouth off and be rude to people on the net they don't even know, when they wouldn't do it in person (or at least not get away with it without getting hit in the face :-D). I've had my nose snubbed over there too was told I was being stupid and unsafe for using what I had to accomplish what I need to. But what I'm planning isn't stupid, just slower....a guy posted up somewhere there the other day saying how he quit being active there because of the attitude of the "pros". Looking down on us guys who do or try to do things ourselves. I agree some people should just stick to their day job, but some of us are jacks of all trades, and good enough to get by at them. My family owns a machining and welding shop, so I'm somewhat of a pro when it comes to metal working, still got a lot to learn though. But I don't come down on people who bring jobs into my shop to fix/finish after they tried and messed it up. I help 'em out. It's the American way, or it used to be, and should be. People used to do everything for themselves, and only hired out what they really couldn't do. I think that is part of what made America great. Lots of people who just got it done and helped each other out. Now everyone works all the time, neglecting family, etc, the things that really matter just so they can have enough money to own the latest greatest biggest car/house and pay other people to do simple things like mow their lawn and change their oil. What happened to spending Saturday with your son teaching him about all that stuff? I'm comparatively young, (24), but I was raised right, and my 5 month old son will be too.  DanG, sorry for the long novel/rant :-D. I guess that's what forums are for though, eh? Discussion.    In short, I love forestry forum to death, these guys are great.
Part time SoCal desert sawyer. 2139, 2050, 49SP, 2159, 395xp.

Offline jokers

• Senior Member x2
  • Chainsaw Freak
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 12:16:41 PM »
Hi David,

You`ve made several insightful and true comments in your previous post. I admit to being rude to people on the various forums but I think that I only do it when someone is obviously trolling. If you disagree, please tell me so and show me an example or two.

I know that I should just ignore trolls but what fun would that be? ;) I also know that many people can`t accept that someone else knows something that they possibly don`t know and they sometimes lash out at the person delivering the info. Oh well.

Jeff and his moderators run a tight ship here and they have definitely established a reputation for a civilized forum.

Russ

Offline David B

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Yahoo! Photo album.
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »
Yeah, I'd agree.

When people come in here "trolling" trying to tell me how to do my job and obviously don't know what they're talking about, they don't get far either.

>Jeff and his moderators run a tight ship here and they have definitely established a reputation for a civilized forum.

smiley_thumbsup
Part time SoCal desert sawyer. 2139, 2050, 49SP, 2159, 395xp.

Offline twistedtree

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 01:11:46 AM »
I hve to wonder if Husky is worried about a cooling issue? Or maybe that was simply a miss interp of the manual.

I don't know about cooling, but the manual is very clear about the mix recommendation in the different cc ranges.  The manual in available on their web site if you want to check it out.

I haven't found anyone yet who carries two mixes - everyone either goes all 32:1 or all 50:1.  32:1 seems like the more conservative approach, provided it won't harm the smaller saws.  I don't care if 32:1 causes the saw to exceed EPA limits - I've already made sure I'm doing that.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
fuel mixture

Started by woodsdog2015 on Chainsaws

62 Replies
Last post December 24, 2015, 12:45:06 PM
by HolmenTree
xx
Gas Mixture Uses

Started by catvet on Forestry and Logging

6 Replies
Last post November 24, 2005, 08:58:11 AM
by catvet