The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Mangeto coil needed for Mall 1MG saw:  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Lewis Brander

• Lewis with 1953 PM Rocket
    • Share Post
Mangeto coil needed for Mall 1MG saw:
« on: December 05, 2005, 08:41:02 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a Magneto coil for a Mall 1MG or 2MG saw. Any help would be appreciated. My email is: lewis_brander2001@msn.com if anyone should have one thay would like to part with. Thaks. Lewis Brander (lonebear30).
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Offline Lewis Brander

• Lewis with 1953 PM Rocket
    • Share Post
Re: Mangeto coil needed for Mall 1MG saw:
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 08:53:07 PM »
Well fellas. I managed to get the old coil working. When I assembled the saw it would throw an intermediate week spark. While spinning the fly wheel by hand, it seemed like I could hear a snapping noise inside the magneto. I went through and rechecked everything I could think of. There was a crack in the outside casing of the coil. I took a fine nylon brush and low pressure compressed air and cleaned out the crack. I then warmed up the coil at 180 degrees in my over for 1 1/2 hre. I then sealed the coil with a couple coats of clear shelac. After completely drying the shelac I took some dielectric insulating grease and filled the cracks with it. Then wrpped the coil with one layer of black plastic electrical tape. That's all I had room for, or the tape would have rubbed against the rotating magnets. I then assembled everything, set the point gap to .018" and set the timeing to 30 degrees. Installed the flywheel and low and behold she threw a bright blue spark. I assembled the rest of the saw, fuel her  up and she started on the second pull. Warmed her up, shut her off and she restarted hardly pulling the recoil. So looks like she's a runner agan. Everyone take care. Lewis Brander (lonebear30).
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
mall

Started by george on Chainsaws

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2004, 07:37:26 AM
by Jeff
xx
Mall 6P

Started by Dave Shepard on Chainsaws

6 Replies
Last post July 21, 2008, 07:26:30 PM
by Dave Shepard