The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Help belsaw m14  (Read 5858 times)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Share Post
    • Whittaker Farms
Re: Help belsaw m14
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 12:36:22 AM »
From what you've described I'd be off to the saw doc with the blade.  I got my saw warmed up sawing long high tension red pine and it acted the same way yours is.  The doc hammered and it's been fine ever since.  My saw runs at 500RPM
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Offline UNCLEBUCK

• Senior Member x2
  • Life out on the prairie !
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 01:04:52 AM »
With a belt driven feed on the carriage all you can do is pull the lever all the way back and let the log go through because when the motor slows way down so will the carriage which leaves out any guess on the feed rate . You have no way to change your feed rate and I would guess this blade you have on is the perfect match for that mill .  Just start from scratch and get the blade hammered and try it again , boy sawing 1 foot and that happens sounds like my first posts on the forum here . Youre going to scare yourself out of sawing like I did until I got hammered , I mean the blade got hammered !  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Offline mikej

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 02:05:11 AM »
 Well it is going to see a guy who has been working on and around circle saws for  near 80 years (all his life) in the morning and well see what he says from seeing the blade firsthand. bad news is he warned that the local saw doc shouldnt be allowd to work on skillsaw blades   ::) And the next closest that i know of is the one that said "speed it up till it looks right"   :o  Well we'll see mike

Offline J_T

• Senior Member x2
  • Some of anything beats all of nothing Even in Dukedom Tn
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 10:17:19 PM »
Crate it up and send it to Peach 8)
Jim Holloway

Offline mikej

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2005, 12:20:24 AM »
 Well went and saw bill today he's not a pro saw doc but is 74 and been around sawmills all his life and does his own hammering anyway he looked at the blade and he checked it with his guage (said he'd seen alot worse) he worked a few high spots and said he thought it would work better brought it home put it on the saw and pulled the fir log i was cutting off threw about a 12 in. alder on there and cut it up only cut i had trouble with was about an 8 in. cut that made the tractor grunt and i think this is my biggest problem I just dont have enough power I like my old deere but it does not hold rpm's good up high it pulls down to far before it really starts pulling by then the saw has slowed down to much and starts to lay over then heats . anyway once i got the log down to about a 4x8 i turned it and cut a few 1x4s off and it cut great no heat no wander and nice straight wood . but in a 4in cut the tractor never pulled hard . will probly hook bigger tractor to it this weekend and see what happens . thanks for all the help .mike   PS only problem with sending this saw to peach is the freight will be more than i have in the mill .have to exaust all possibilitys before it goes to him thanks mike

Offline Fla._Deadheader

• Senior Member x2
  • Linda Vista, Costa Rica
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2005, 07:47:52 AM »

Mike, keep in mind, whatever the cost to have the saw fixed, the mill won't do you any good without a good blade  ::) ;) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Offline UNCLEBUCK

• Senior Member x2
  • Life out on the prairie !
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2005, 07:47:58 PM »
mikej , there is a member here on the forum that runs a 46inch blade with another blade above it and buries big oak logs through it and he uses a B john deere . Its shagbarkfarms and his name is mitch . The hammering by Peach here is worth the wait but I dont know where he is right now . Maybe in Las Vegas  :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 08:41:04 PM »
Recently I poked around and ran across the Shagbark Farms site, and was impressed with the quality of pictures posted. Was worth a look for me.

http://shagbarkfarms.com/  is Mitch's website.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Belsaw M20

Started by wardbrook on Sawmills and Milling

8 Replies
Last post June 28, 2018, 06:24:44 PM
by Flyingpig
xx
might buy a Belsaw M-14

Started by KFhunter on Sawmills and Milling

5 Replies
Last post July 24, 2017, 10:23:55 PM
by paul case