iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FOG is Thick-- Headed Out

Started by Fla._Deadheader, December 18, 2005, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

About ready to head for the Airport, and the Fog is very thick. Hope we run out of it before we get too far, or I might miss my flight  :o :o

Maybe the airport is socked in and will wait for me.  Sure hope so. Been waiting 6 months to make this move, so, things need to get in order.

Will be in San Jose for about 10 days, and then will head for the Mountains and start setting up the Sawmill operation. Fred should have some logs waiting and I have 6 sharp blades waiting to eat into some exotic logs.  8) 8)

No computer connection at the Finca, soooo, Y'all will get a reprieve from my ranting and such. There is supposed to be an Internet Cafe' in the village, a couple clicks down the road, so, I might just harrass y'all from there.

Been fun meeting some of youse guys, and if I get back to the States, I might try to meet up again.

Might need to modify my username, so, if y'all got any GOOD ideas  ::), lets hear 'em.

Gotta go, but, I will stay in touch while in San Jose.   Adios, Hasta Luego smiley_sombrero
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Pete J

You'll always be Dead-Header, besides, what will you do if you move back to Fla?

Dis-regard what Jeff said. Jersey-Boy Dead-Header just doesn't sound right.

Radar67

You can always copy the moniquer of your partner in crime .... CRDead Header  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Kirk_Allen

Keeping things simple I think "Harold" is just fine.

Have a safe flight.  Look forward to a visit! 

crtreedude

Lucía (our forestry engineer) and I walked Monte Cristo yesterday - probably between 100 to 200 trees waiting for you - mostly soft stuff for concrete forms - but there is some I can't wait to see how the saw does on.

FDH - do you REALLY want to invite names from this crowd?

I'll make up some postings for you FDH - honest I will.  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

jerry-m

Well the start of yet another adventure for Harold, The Dead-Header 8)

Gods speed and great Luck... I, and I know everyone else will miss you for a while :(

Keep us posted as often as you can :) 

I know you are going to do sawmilling, but I also know about that yellow stuff :D

Happy Trails,   Jerry
Jerry

DanG

Well PHOOEY!  It seems I've missed the big send-off! :-[ 

I had lots of good sage advice to impart, but it's too late now.  I'll just have to wish you well in your new adventure, Harold.  I know you'll be back with us with a report as soon as you can, and we're all looking forward to that.

I'd really like to be a fly on the wall as you try to train a bunch of new helpers and learn a new mill all at the same time! :o :o ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

All the best on your new adventure smiley_beertoast I am sure Fred will keep us up to date on your shenanigans.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

We have a Harold. and a Harold  and we also have Harold AKA Fla Deadheader.

HEY!  How about that?  AKA Harold

crtreedude

Harold has sure entered into a new life - he just doesn't know how much! We all are going to keep an eye on him, we don't want a boa to go eating him.

You wouldn't believe how much sawing we have lined up for him!

So, a new name for Harold... They give out nicknames down hear really quickly - perhaps I'll just listen for it.

I think we have to preserve FDH though, so we will have to come up with something that uses the letters F.D.H.

How about:

Forget the DanG Horse?

Jeff

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

crtreedude

How about

Finca
De
Harold

For when he gets his own place?

swampy

Well he took off and is on his way to the land of CR. The fog lifted on the way to the airport. Everything went well. I am sure he will talk to you good people when he gets there. He should be about ready to land there in a little while only takes 3 hours to get there..   Ed
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

crtreedude

That's good to here. So his adventure starts...

The invasion of CR begins by Florida...  :o

swampy

If he is down there like he was here, I'm sure he will have all kinds of fun there. Pop is really looking forward to starting his new adventure with the sawmilling and the prospecting. :D :D :D :D Ed
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Fla._Deadheader

I see y'all have been having fun at my expense  ::) ::)  What else is new  ??? ??? :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Teri

IF you noticed, I was good and DIDN't say anything!! ;D

etat

I expect Costa Rica will never be the same!!!!!!!!  GOOD LUCK   :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

tnlogger

wal late again have fun harold  8) now we need one more down there and we'll have the three stooges
gene

crtreedude

Harold,

Can you imagine the fun we will have with you not able to be at the computer all day protecting yourself?  ;D

Bro. Noble

Quote from: tnlogger on December 18, 2005, 04:14:03 PM
wal late again have fun harold  8) now we need one more down there and we'll have the three stooges

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'ticos' at the 'finca' whisper about the 'dos pelotas'  :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

crtreedude

Given I am the patrón and understand Spanish, not likely!  ;)

SwampDonkey

Best of luck HAROLD from us above the snow line running amonst the moose.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Psssst!  Guys!  Harold is on here posting on other threads, but he ain't payin' no 'tention to us.  Probbly just basking in all the sweet nuthins he's gettin', so he don't want to interrupt. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Teri

trust me...he's paying attention. Pops doesn't miss a thing on here! :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for all the comments and well wishers.  8) ;) :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

You know, I see a potential profit making enterprise here... There is a time honored chorizo (bribe) that is possible - withholding from FF the stories about Harold's adjustment... Or, being bribed to tell them.

We could get a bidding war going!  8)

The first year is pretty wild - you get caught off guard all the time.

asy

Sorry, guys, I already re-named him here!

Good luck Harold!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Fla._Deadheader

Dats Funny, Asy. No problem here. 

There IS a problem, though. Woke up in a new environment, and tried to put the member pin on the map into it's proper location. NO GO. Looks like Fred and I are adrift under the cloud cover ???????????????

Fabiola is in the left North Pole, and the Aussies and Kiwis are on the right North Pole ??????????????????

No WONDER Furby had problems finding members, EH ???  ;) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

OneWithWood

Alright, Harold - you done did it!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Never doubted you would  ;)

Remember, focus on the big picture  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

crtreedude

Harold,

My picture is on the right place - but you are still in Florida - you need to set your tree correctly.

We are having a population explosion down here!  :o In one day, we doubled in size of Costa Rican members...  ::)

Fla._Deadheader

On this spanish computer, your tree has been cut and skidded away. :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

OK, found yer tree over in the next holler, Fred.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Roxie

Well now looky at Deadheader!  He's got his Costa Rican Flag showing on his profile, but it still says Barefoot Bay under his avatar.  THAT'S a man divided!   :D  I sure do wish ya all the best Rodney!  
Say when

Fla._Deadheader

Dat better, Roxie ??  ;) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!