AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Log delivery  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Noble_Ma

• Have logs? ............. We'll travel!
    • Share Post
Re: Log delivery
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2002, 07:56:21 AM »
I think we're all guilty of "jerry rigging" things at one time or another. Sometimes you can get by with a quick fix.  My dad always said, "If you're going to take the time to do something, do it right!"  I still like the chain and bolt trick!!!

Offline KFhunter

• Share Post
Re: Log delivery
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »
Bibbyman,

I wish you had a picture of that trailer loaded!  It seems to be a little on the under designed side?  I need to build a log trailer for myself but have waited to see how heavyduty I need to make it.  I am the king of over-kill and have a tendancy to over design things. In the case of the log trailer, I would think bare minimum would be the way to go to keep the GVW down.  I have access to an old house trailer frame with tandem wheels and electric brakes. The material looks to be about what that trailer is made with.  Can you fill me in on the materials used to build this one?  You know size and thickness of the steel.  I will still have to make sure it has lights and fenders I believe.  I live in a rural part of Mass but they still make us abide by the rules of the Mass Registry.  Anyone else who has something to add, feel free to voice your opinion.
-Noble
Here's an idea
Deleted by Admin.  Craigslist Ads are not allowed.

Ok oops so no CL ads, it was a pickup chassis with log bunks and a tow bar hooked to the steering axle. I'd use a stronger chassis than a toyota frame though.  I would like a log trailer myself and I like the steerable idea but I was afraid the trailer would wag around behind the tractor so I think I'd use an electric brake on the back axle, or maybe both axles because I have steep hills to come down.  I might also figure out a 3pt hitch that pins to the drawbar and just put in electric brake controller on the tractor and use a regular gooseneck trailer which I already have.  

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
My first log delivery

Started by Delawhere Jack on Sawmills and Milling

8 Replies
Last post January 23, 2013, 10:47:04 PM
by YellowHammer
xx
Delivery and Pickup

Started by Joed on Sawmills and Milling

13 Replies
Last post April 04, 2016, 07:34:36 AM
by ladylake