The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Husqvarna 395xp  (Read 28356 times)

Offline CHARLIE

• Senior Member x2
  • Don't wait 'til both feet are in hot water before you decide to put your best foot forward.
    • Share Post
    • Coulee Region Woodturners
Re: Husqvarna 395xp
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2001, 09:10:53 AM »
OK....that did it!  I'm gonna have my Craftsman .2 cc  bored, stroked, ported, balanced and hamstrung. Then I'm gonna go find me the biggest tree I can and cut it into toothpicks. :o :o 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Offline jokers

• Senior Member x2
  • Chainsaw Freak
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2001, 02:19:11 PM »
I`ve been lurking around a couple of other places lately where the talk has frequently turned to saws modified by Sawracr (Jon Ruppely) Ken Dunn (KDHotsaws) and Ruppedoggy  (Mike Ruppely), and I`ve got the answer I`m looking for. The 395XP is a good saw with plenty of potential, but Ken Dunn is getting nearly 8 HP out of the 372XP, a saw I know well, with good longevity. The 372XP is the perfect combo of low weight and balance for me and this seems like the way to go. Maybe I need a 385XP modified by sawracr as well since they are reputed to cut with an 088 Stihl or 3120 Husky at several pounds less. Tim the tool man better look out. Russ

Offline John_Boisselier

• I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2001, 09:47:20 PM »
Anyone have a link to  any of the saw modification outfits?  We run both Stihls and Huskys on our jobs, but I'm the only one around here who can handle one of the big saws all day 084, 088, 2100 etc).  If we could get some high powered smaller saws, we might actually get some reasonable production out of someone besides me, and I might get a break too. ;D   I'm not looking for racing saws, and would prefer a magic wand or a laser, but anything reasonably close in a chainsaw with good durability works for me.  Thanks.
The Woodsman

Offline jokers

• Senior Member x2
  • Chainsaw Freak
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2001, 01:19:18 AM »
Try www.walkerssawshop.com or kdhotsaw@hotmail.com. Walkers looks like a good value for the money with some significant gains but Ken Dunn is getting some outrageous horsepower with good longevity, albeit at a higher cost. Ken says he has one faller who has used the same modified 371XP Husky for more than three years so far. He claims to get between 7.5 and 8 HP out of a 371 or 372. I think I`m gonna have me one of those. Russ

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Husqvarna 395XP

Started by warkdc on Chainsaws

16 Replies
Last post July 10, 2016, 05:22:21 AM
by tranabo_bjoern
xx
Husqvarna 395xp. What's the verdict on this saw

Started by brad83091 on Chainsaws

19 Replies
Last post March 11, 2014, 07:56:03 PM
by JT78