iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello to everyone!!!

Started by DoubleD, January 16, 2006, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Welcome Davide! It's great to have a member from Italy. I used to travel to Italy quite a bit back in the 1990's.  The company I worked for had a manufacturing plant in Santa Palomba. Sometimes I'd stay in Rome and sometimes in a town not far from the plant.  Also there was a manufacturing plant in Vimercate.  Sometimes I'd stay in Acore and sometimes in Milano.  I enjoyed Italy so much that after I retired, I took my wife over to see Rome, Florence and Venice. She wants to go back and rent a cottage sometime.  Where is your city located?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DoubleD

Hello
For Paschale--> the translator done a good job I undeerstood
I'm currently living in Acqui Terme, a little city in Piemonte north west side of Italy. This city has a peculiar fount with hot water 75°C (167°F) year around.
I am planning to move in the little town called Canosio, that is located at 10 Km (6 mile) from the border line with France. ;)
For Charlie--> I've just been in Rome and Venice and I really LIKE those cities 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

maple flats

Welcome Davide, If you spoke proper English non of us would understand you, you did just fine. Great to have you here.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Coon

my ex was from Milano, Italy.  She was sometimes hard to understand at times but ...... that's another whole story.

One thing though I did pick up was: eata chista couta bretta  (don't know if it's correctly spelled or not)   :o 8) 8) :D
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Lud

Bon Journo, DD,
                              With trees and deer  and water -powered sawmills ,  you must be in Northern Italy.. Friuli?  I spent several days in Sirmioni on Lago Degarda.  Fantastic country!!

My in-laws live in Trieste.  I hope to come over for their 60th wedding anniversary in 2007.  Maybe I can visit you!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

DoubleD

Buon giorno Lud
I am currently living in north west Italy in Piemonte, if you would come I am pleased!
Wannabe a sawmiller

DoubleD

I know that you LOVE three thing: wood related things food and pictures. I have two of three ;D

I cooked polenta

My mommy

rabbit chicken and mushroom

Ahh really good ;D ;D ;D 8) :D :D :D
Wannabe a sawmiller

Coon

Cool pics Davide.

I would like to tell all fellow FF members that I have been talking to Davide quite often.  He is a very nice guy and has quite potential at being a great woodsman. 

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

IMERC

Quote from: Bibbyman on January 16, 2006, 08:36:33 AM
Welcome to the Forum DoubleD!

Maybe now we can talk about pasta instead of grits!  8)

make it lasagna an' we got something...

Welcome Double D..
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

getoverit

WHOA !!

Is That a big bowl of yellow grits you're stirring??? ;D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DoubleD

YEAH getoverit  Polenta is made of ground corn cooked in boiling water. I think that is really similar to grits because we eat polenta with butter or cheese or meat and mushroom
Very tasty ;) 
Wannabe a sawmiller

Roxie

DanG!!  Get a load of that pot of grits!!  That food looks incredible!   8)
Mama is pretty too!   :)
Say when

MULE_MAN

I want to know how many people are you feeding  ???

That looks like a awful lot of food  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

DoubleD

Roxie my mommy say thanks to you
Mule man that food was for six people 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

MULE_MAN

Well I bet nobody left the table Hungry !!

Looks like you had a pretty good spread there  8)

Make's me Hungry looking at all that   8) 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Slabs

Well DoubleD

You certainly got into the Forestry Forum on the "right foot" (as we say in American).  Pictures and food are one of our main passions.  We Americans are multinational.  We come from all societies and speak with words of all countries.

Again, a hearty welcome to the forum and we'll be looking forward to your participation and more of the great pictures and descriptions of the great Italian food.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

TexasTimbers

Welcome DoubleD. Did you cook all that on that there wood stove? Sure looks good!
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

getoverit

I KNEW IT !!

WOW DoubleD, if you like grits, you just found a whole bunch of new friends !!

Ya gotta love a guy that knows how to eat grits (by any other name, but still grits)  :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DoubleD

Slabs thank you for the welcome

kevjay mommy and I cooked on the wood stove with ash fuelwood 8)

Getoverit I know that I have found a lot of friends that is really COOL 8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!