iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Russian air - thermal drying kiln

Started by serg, January 31, 2006, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Hello!
I earlier wrote on a forum about the drying kiln, not vacuum.
Having lead I have understood supervision, the cedar, a fur-tree, a larch, a pine, an alder, a linden, an aspen to dry it is qualitatively possible without vacuum.
The design is simple, reliable. In technology of drying I has much taken from vacuum. Manufacture from a different material.
Dries up to furniture humidity of 6 %. Difference of humidity on a stack of 1.2 %, on thickness of a board 65 х 90 mm look a photo, 0.2 %, on length of a bar of 0.8 %. The fan is not present, the dampener is not present, cold water is not present. All boilers of heating, all kinds of fuel.
There are apertures which open in necessary time. Term of drying 5 - 8 days.
In America there is such design, technology of drying? ???
Thank you.Sergey.

ronwood

serg,

I don't know of such a kiln. Might be one but I do not do much with kilns at this time. I would like to learn more about the kiln.

Thanks
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Den Socling

Sergey,

This looks a little like your 'steam vac' design but how do you get circulating air? Maybe you let air in the bottom and out the top. The species you mention are not easily hurt by extreme drying conditions. But, if the design is up and out, the humidity would be very low and many species would be damaged. If circulation isn't up and out, how does it circulate

Kirk_Allen

how does it circulate

The fan is not present, the dampener is not present

??? ??? ::)

serg

Thank for interest!
Den, correctly thinks.
The theory of movement gas. :P Warmly passes in a stack top, cools down, falls downwards, it is heated, again top in a bottom.
I have a pause in 5 degrees С, for movement of a moisture from internal layers of a wood.
Big pairs it is constant. The output(exit) pair, superfluous through 6 apertures, in a photo is not present them. The part pair leaves, the part of fresh air goes in a dryer.
The diagram of drying one for all wood.
45 degrees-24 hour. The rest of the time is stable 75 degrees С.
Sergey.

asy

Привет Сергей!

ЛадНо встречать Вас!

где Вы в России ?

Лариcа (acи)
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

serg

Larissa hi! I live in Moscow.
Лариса , здравствуй! Я живу в Москве.
Sergey

Don_Lewis

That was a pretty common design in the 1900-1930 era. You find them in some of the old furniture factories in the Northeastern part of the USA. I don't know of any still used that way.  They had coils beneath, no fans and vents to control the drying rate.
These were usually loaded by carts on track and the old factories had elaborate track systems as fork lifts were not around yet.

serg

Don Lewis
You have correctly told.
I spoke on a forum earlier that Russian studied from America. :P
I study from the book " The Kiln drying of lumber " Kuler and P. Warlimont Germany. 1925.
Russian professor Grum-Grgimailo 1930.  :P
The old design had the big lack, movement of air prevented to dry top - a bottom of a stack in regular intervals.
The idea to lead(carry out) experiments, to me was given with a vacuum method.
Pairs in vacuum to drying it is condensed due to cold water.
It takes place problems with cold water. I have cleaned(removed) water. Heavy work by which I did(made), movement uniform air speed of 0.7 meters/second on all stack without dead zones. ???
In it success of drying and a novelty of a design.
Sergey.

Den Socling

Mark or Murf,

Could you find out what Sergey is referring to with "big pairs"? His translator has used the term before. It seems to refer to humidity. Maybe it's relative humidity.

I should be happy that a computer can do any translating but I wish the translator did better.  ::)

Thank you,
Den

Den Socling

Speaking of translators, isn't she a smart asy?  :)

I'll have to explain that in email, Sergey.  :D

serg

I have clause(article) of magazine. It is first clause(article) about this dryer.
Larissa, you can transfer(translate).  ???There are also others guys to speak on Russian. ???
I shall send by e-mail.
Sergey.

Den Socling

I found some kilns like this in New Zealand. Heat is underneath.

And these are the vents. All concrete.

serg

I have arranged entrance and exhaust channels on another.
If to leave so that I think in New Zealand there is a problem on final humidity of a stack. Disorder from 6 up to 16 %.  ???
When I have changed a design entrance and exhaust channels, humidity has made 6 +/-1 %.
Sergey

ellmoe

Sergey,

Send me an e-mail in Russian. Describe "big pairs". This is for Den. I will have it translated.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

serg

Den, in the drying kiln from New Zealand there is on the right an air channel. I made two channels, in the midle of the kiln,cold air is heated from hot pipes, the stack is blown in regular intervals from two sides without fans.
Sergey.

Thank You Sponsors!