iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Green tea for joint pain...

Started by Bibbyman, February 18, 2006, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Well,  it don't look like I've got much confirmation from others about the pain reducing properties of green tea.  Some of you kind of spoof it off.  But a couple of weeks ago I noted I was experiencing more pain in my joints than I had in quite a while.  I even had a couple of muscle spasms.  I started taking ibuprofen again. 

Then I got to thinking...  The weather had started getting cooler and I'd cut way down on drinking green tea.  Some days I hadn't drunk any.  So I started drinking hot green tea instead of coffee and try to get a glass or two of cold green tea in also.  Since I ramped up my green tea input, I haven't had to take a singe ibuprofen.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thurlow

Doctor who writes a (syndicated) column in the local paper advocates certo/surejell dissolved in grape juice for joint pain...........haven't tried it, but a lot of folks swear by it.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Bibby

I drink the decaf green tea  it is a good cleanser/antioxidant and it helps with a lot of different things. Green Tea comes in differ flavors there is an orange pekoe and I can't remember the rest.

I have problems with arthritis in my lower back and  I also take an herbal joint formula that has glucosamine, msm and chondroitin it is called COX 2 Control Joint Formula.

Before I started taking this I could barely move in the morning do to the severe pain in my back.  I no longer have this pain and I don't use any over the counter drugs.
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

SwampDonkey

glucosamine, and chondroitin in combination probably has some benefit, although I read a study that said it was ineffective. Sometimes you have to find out who did the study and you may find a bias because of some pharmaceutical company did the reporting. I think you have to be care with some of those supplements, especially something with high concentrations of calcium like sea coral or the about compounds. It may act to neutralize your stomach acid, which can be just as harmful as having arthritis pain. I found that I can't take coral calcium or the above compounds as it throws by guts into turmoil.

Some research findings
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

leweee

After having cartilage damage in my right knee 4yrs. ago, I started taking glucosamine / chondroitin 950mg. tablets / twice/day. It takes 6 to 8 weeks before you start to notice a difference. Unhappy with the slow results, I guestioned a friend in his 80's(spry fellow) what his secret was. Shark Cartilage was his reply. So I started taking 750mg.twice/day with the other tablets (mentioned above). Within a week the nagying pain started to subside, in a month's time I had very little pain.

PS I also drink green tea but not on a regular basis.
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Swamp Donkey
Quotehigh concentrations of calcium like sea coral or the about compounds

What I take does not have those ingred.  I have been taking these for over 2 years I only take 2 a Day for a total of msm 500mg /chondrotin 100mg/glucosimine 25 mg there are  a few other herbs in this as well and it is all natural but it is the combination that works well for me.  Along with the Green tea.
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

CLL

Bib you need to remind your doctor that ibuprofin causes ulcers. Anything over 1500mg a day is
extreme haard on your stomach. Even that much taken over a period of time will cause ulcers.
Look on the bright side, if your ulcers hurt bad enough you forget about your joint pain. ;D ;D
Too much work-not enough pay.

Pete50

Hi Guys, Thought I would reply to this and let you all know the newest cure all remedy in my area. Goji juice and here is the link. goji juice

I mean this stuff is selling like crazy here. Cures everything from aches & pains to cancer.
I don't take it myself but know many that do, and they swear by it. One guy I know was so crippled up that he walked with a cane. Now he is going without one. Story after story I am hearing about this stuff.

Sound like a salesman right? Really I have no intention of even trying this stuff. Doctor said that green tea is just as good. If you google goji scam it gives a different side to this cure all.

But this stuff is a big deal in this tiny town. Anyone else trying it?

SwampDonkey

There's another one here called Joni Juice.  ;D :D :D :D Honestly, people can sell anything.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PB Logging

I enjoy green tea, if its good for me all the better.  In a discussion last night someone suggested to me that green tea and dairy products,  when used simultaneously, greatly contribute to kidney stone formation.  This person went on to site scientific data and made a credible argument.  I'm not passing this on as gospel just curious if anyone else has thoughts.  Sounds a bit far fetched to me but I've had kidney stones and sure would prefer to avoid anymore...

Make it a safe day!

Bill

Lotsa non scientific stuff floating around I 'spect.

I too heard about green tea and milk ( diary ) products - only what I heard was that the milk cancelled out the good stuff in the green tea - so iffen you're drinking it for health take it straight ? ( hot or cold ).

???

And to add more fuel to the fire CBS is doing a special tonight about how vitamin supplements are bad. The one they picked to make an example of was St John's Wort. Now knowing someone that used SJW I've found out a little about it. Apparently in Germany they test these kinds of things and found that for some people it works ( nothing works for everyone all the time since we're all a little different ). So what I figure is that if you take your SJW in the USA they don't work - but if you take them in Germany they work - go figure  . . .    Sounds like there's a rat in the wood pile .

:-X

plantman

Magicman

I drink a cup of hot TAZO green tea each morning, but I don't think that it has any medicinal affect.  I just like the taste.

I have no idea what's on the video 'cause I ain't watching an almost two hour anything.  ;D  Anyway why is the same video on 4 different topics??   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Maybe he is trying to compete with Kevin Trudeau on natural cures for about everything.  :D

plantman

I think that doctor is the real deal. He was hired by the government to head a taskforce looking into Lyme. The video is a little long but I believe what he's saying because I've heard first hand accounts of the success of his treatments which are also practiced by other doctors. This doctor appears to be one of the first and most experienced researchers.

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on December 17, 2017, 10:46:25 PMAnyway why is the same video on 4 different topics??   :o

What I think plantman is trying to say is watch this video.
Unfortunately I can't bring myself to invest 2 hours into it.

Care to give us a brief?
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Weekend_Sawyer

I am feeling a bit achey in the joints today and am going to get some green tea.
I'll check back in a few hours. :)

Weekend_Sawyer

I must say that I do like it when someone brings back up an old post.
Bittersweet memories of some that are gone and some that have just moved on.

Jon

Magicman

I did not mean to question how real his deal was, just why the multiple postings?? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

plantman

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "multiple postings" . It's one video that addresses lyme and all the co-infections that go along with it. He discusses the obstacles to treating it and why one person's lyme is not the same as another person's. It's a long video but emphasizes how serious tick-borne diseases are and how they are multiplying and spreading across the US and around the world. It might be more information than you care to listen to until you know someone who has it and then you can't seem to find answers.
I know for a fact that IV glutathione has helped someone I know and that it is not quackery. It takes a multi-faceted approach for many people to cure this disease and it's a disease that can kill you or leave you crippled so I think it's worth learning about.

plantman

And the reason I posted it here was that lyme mimicks many other conditions ( such as arthritis ) and diseases so you don't want to ignore symptoms thinking "it's probably nothing" .

Magicman

I was never questioning the validity of the video, the topic, nor the credentials of the presenter.  I just saw the same video posted on 4 related topics.  Doesn't that qualify as multiple?  I know of no FF rules that were broken, but it was a curiosity.   ???

plantman

Oh, yes, I did post it multiple times because I had been here before talking about lyme and it seems that there is a growing epidemic as well as lack of information as to how to treat it. Insurance typically pays for simple antibiotics but beyond that they cut you off and that video also talks about how to get insurance to pay for more treatment. I had been looking for a while and never found a well respected research doctor talking on the subject so when I found this one I wanted to share it as much as possible.

Weekend_Sawyer

Back to the joint pain part of our show. :D
I had a nice 32oz mug of green tea yesterday and another one this morning.
Unfortunately I'm still feeling achy. I've gotten to the point in life where a change in the weather makes me achy mostly in the knees, shoulders and hands.

I like tea and our coffee mess has different teas including green.
Mixed with honey it's pretty good.

I'll have another tomorrow.

Jon

Weekend_Sawyer

Here I sit sipping my green tea with honey.
I am feeling less achey.

Is it the tea, a placebo effect or the upswing in the weather.

Jon

Thank You Sponsors!