TURBOSAWMILL GIANT SALE ON NOW UNTIL OCTOBER 31st

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: LOAD TRACTOR TIRES  (Read 13423 times)

Online chet

• Administrator
    • Share Post
Re: LOAD TRACTOR TIRES
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »
I switched ta WW fluid quite a while ago. I buy da winter stuff by case lots from Wally World. Cheap, normally on sale around 75¢ a gallon.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the arborist

Offline Reddog

• Senior Member x2
  • Forest & Urban woody plant management
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »
I quit loading tractor tires I use in the woods. To much of a mess if you cut a side wall. And if you run in the woods sooner or later you will cut a tire down. Other than that I would use rim guard. Do not know what the long term affects of WW on the rim will be?  :-\

Offline isawlogs

• Senior Member x2
  • A smile is contagious ... Start an epidemic
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 12:35:03 PM »
 My thinking is that the Windshield Washer cant be any worse on the rim then the calcium would be , We have two at home with calcium and one with windshield washer , I got the -40 ww in it , if it gets that cold out I dont want to be on the tractor .
  As far as having less give on the side walls , its only liquid and it aint filled completly , so I dont see how it would have any effect , if you drive over a sharp peice , no matter what you have it will cut the tire . Only way around that is to get a set of forestry tires for the tractor .
  You will though, have a lot more traction with loaded tires , center of gravity will be lowered too . This in its self is a big plus when working a machine in the bush , if you keep your trails clean and small stumps cut back low , there should be little chance of cutting the tires .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Online beenthere

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 12:51:50 PM »
To me, if WW fluid was corrosive, we wouldn't be using it in our cars to 'wash' the windows.
I've had it in tires for several years now, and see no sign of corrosion when last checked. And I used to have a tractor with CC which showed rust-stains always around the rim where some would trickle out (mostly when checking or adding air). If I get a puncture in the woods, I'd rather have the WW fluid running out than CC or RimGuard, just from the cost side if nothing else. Not worried about any animals 'drinking' it as it will disapppear into the landscape fast enough. When I busted the stem off, I was surprised how little I lost while racing to get the tractor loaded onto the trailer before it was completely flat.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 08:04:02 PM »
I would get the tires loaded with something.Mine NAA Ford and my 2120 New Holland are.I use the 2120 in the woods. I am running 8 ply tires and have not cut a tire,YET.Now a 4 ply I have.I keep my twitch trails clear of brush and the few stumps I do run over are low.I plan and cut trees where my trails are going and rarely run over any brush. I have welded metal around each one of my valve stems to be on the safe side.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
How tough to load tractor tires?

Started by shinnlinger on General Board

19 Replies
Last post September 29, 2015, 01:01:19 AM
by Ox
xx
tractor tires

Started by LeeB on Wanted

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 12:48:12 PM
by jokers