The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Motor mount bushing replacement on Wood-Mizer LT40  (Read 12315 times)

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
  • Pro-Sawyer Mary and Bibbyman
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
Motor mount bushing replacement on Wood-Mizer LT40
« on: June 09, 2001, 06:23:59 AM »
We usually watch and maintain our two Wood-Mizer mills pretty good.  But last week Mary noted oil dripping out of our LT40HDG35 Super.  I took a look and the oil was coming out where the oil drain tube connected to the fitting on the engine.  The tube had been smashed against the motor frame.  No big problem.  I'd just drain the oil and cut the tube off a little bit and put it back on and put in new oil.  About half way done and I noted the reason why the tube had been crushed - the motor mount bushings were all squished out.

I got with Wood-Mizer and they sent me out some aluminum bushings.  The part number is 016380 for my mill.  Apparently they have found that the Wisconsin engine is too heavy for the rubber bushings.  At about $12  :o each, they are not cheep but I'd expect them to last.    Note that these bushings may not be what is listed in your owner's manual - you may have to ask for them.

You may want to keep an eye on your bushings and replace them before they go out and your down until you can get new ones.

If I did this right,  here are some pictures of the bushing swap.  A couple shows how I held the engine up while I changed the bushings out.  Worked out well.

http://www.cartogra.com/home/ViewMyAlbum.asp?coll_id=854965

Bibbyman

8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Offline Tom

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
    • Toms Saw
Re: Motor mount bushing replacement on Wood-Mizer
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2001, 09:21:28 AM »
bibbeyman your a genius!!!  I like the way you lifted the motor.  Those things aren't so heavy that they can't be man-handled but it's hard to block them so you don't lose a hand.

That rig will work in the woods.

It Looks like WoodMizer has come a long way in making those mounts accessible since my 1990 model.

I had to take the engine completely off and even then had problems getting my fat fingers in the tight quarters where the pivot took place.

My 24 horse Onan squished my rubber mounts twice and has done a pretty good job of squishing my new
plastic (?) mounts too. Wear on the mill in general makes it difficult to keep everthing lined up and I think that is hard on the mounts on an old machine.

I am interested in how you feel the aluminum mounts work.  Give it a little time.
extinct

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Steering bushing replacement

Started by Bjt on Forestry and Logging

13 Replies
Last post February 14, 2017, 09:04:12 AM
by breederman
xx
Wood Mizer hydraulic loader cylinder Check valve replacement.

Started by MartyParsons on Sawmills and Milling

15 Replies
Last post December 06, 2017, 06:25:46 AM
by MartyParsons
question
Need help. Split taper bushing on LT40 band brake drum. Key or no key?

Started by Delawhere Jack on Sawmills and Milling

12 Replies
Last post May 02, 2017, 01:29:59 AM
by Kbeitz
xx
Wood-mizer LT40

Started by Gunslinger on Forestry and Logging

2 Replies
Last post October 14, 2010, 09:11:30 PM
by Tom