iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where are you??

Started by Jeff, November 20, 2002, 06:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey ya'll I need some mailing address's. Don't ask why and don't worry they are for my eyes only. All registered members is what I am looking for. I have many, and they can testify that I have never sent them anything bad. :)

If you are not sure if I have yours, send it again and make sure you include your user name along with your real name so I know who you are. PLEASE DON"T POST YOUR ADDRESS HERE!!

email it to me by Clicking Here

Thanks!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

39 views so far and I have only been sent 5 addresses that I did not already have.

Every year we have a Christmas contest. this could have something to do with this years contest. I am still working on the prizes....

Texas Ranger

Sitting at the computer, talkin to you.  Where are you? ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Miles above and beyond Texas thats for sure. ;D

Texas Ranger

OK, to be more precise, I am where it is currently 68 degrees F., grass is green, deer are running, sun is bright, blue bird sky.  gonna cook a steak on the grill tonight, with mesquite, will have to fight a few misguitoes, but hey, enough antifreeze and they wont be a problem. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Kevin_H.

You know that's just not right...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ADfields

Whats not right is Alaska looking like this a week befor Thanksgiving day!!!

The snow is around 3000 feet and just wont come on down!   It's been raining cats and dogs all night and the temp now is 45 out!? ???

I cooked stake on the grill tonight, moose stake!   ;D
But as a good old Arizona boy I do wish I had some mesquite for my cooking fire!   Shure beter than Alaska's willow or alder wood for cooking over.
Andy

WV_hillbilly

I did it Jeff so am I on your Christmas list now ? ;D   It got cold and snowy down here in WV this week. Just in time for deer season on the 25 th.  

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

Jeff

If your name is not on this list as of the time and date of this post then you still need to send me your address!.

ADfields
Andre
Arcwood
arj
ARKANSAWYER
AWebb
BCCrouch
Bibbyman
Bill Johnson
Brian_Bailey
BRP
Budman
Bull
C Miller
Catfish
CHARLIE
chet
Corley5
craigc90
cut2size
D. Frederick
danG
dan-l-b
Den Socling
dewwood
dextordee
Don P
DonT
DouginUtah
DougM
dtody
dugsaws
EdK
ElectricAl and Linda
Fla._Deadheader
GarryW
Gorden
GQkudzu
Greenie
Haytrader
Horselogger
hosslog
Indylan
J T
johncinquo
johnjc
JollyGreen Giant
K.Harper
Kevin
Kevin_H.
KiwiCharlie
Lenny
Lynn_of_cap_creek
Mike_P
Mtn Jack
mustang
Noble
Noble_Ma
ohsoloco
onewithwood
Paul_H
pigman
Ravilokid
raycon
Rick Schmalzried
rmay
RobK
Roy
Saki
Sawwood
SBURRO
Scott_R
scott182
shades
Shotgun
Sitruc
smwwoody
SNAFU
steve
SteveS
swampwhiteoak
tangelwood Timber
thefarm
Thesteamshop
Tillaway
timberbeast
Tom
TRanger
Treehugger
weekend sawyer
Whitepe
woodguy
woodman
woodmills
woodtick
wykle

Den Socling

My name is not on the list and we have exchanged email.

can't say more. my connection is being taxed by music downloads.

Jeff

Let me quote myself.
QuoteHey ya'll I need some mailing address's.

Mail as in snail mail, as in NOT e-mail. Mail as in postman mail through snow sleet rain and that sort of thing mail. :)

REAL MAIL REAL MAIL REAL MAIL
CLIFF CLAVEN MAIL
Mail that takes stamps anybody remember stamps?

I need the address to that little domed shaped metal house that sits on a pole next to or across from or somewhere near your home. :) :) :) :)

O.K. one more note, I already have email address's for each member otherwize you would not be able to post.

Den Socling

Snail mail!? Why didn't you say so?

woodmills1

by the way I hit my mail box with the bucket of the tractor yesterday but it still works :D bent though.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Mines been hit with baseball bats so many times that the door is gone, the flag is gone, the post is loose and hanging over and the bottom is beginning to rust out.  I don't know who's going to win this thing me or the neighborhood kids. :D

DanG

Tom, I heard about another feller that had that problem. He had a cover made for his, from a piece of 1/4" plate steel, and mounted it on a 6" steel pipe, anchored in concrete. One WHACK of the bat, and the contest was over! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ADfields

Tom in Arizona I went round and round with the brat with a bat thing.   Every friday or saterday night just after I gave up the stake out thay would come and see my box!   I tryed all kinds of things but what worked was a 6" pipe full of wet sand, about 100lbs inside the box! ;)   I put it in and go to bed.   On a fine sunday morning I found a bent silver bat on the ground by my box!!! ;D   In my minds eye I can see that kid geting 1/2 draged from the car window as the bat was ripped from his stinging hands. :D   Proublum salved 8)
Andy

johncinquo

I think anyone who lives a little urban has this problem eventually.  I used one of the old farmer mailboxes, the really big ones.  Put a smaller mailbox nestled inside of it, and then filled between the 2 with cement.  The door closes and  it works fine.  Every once in awhile I come out and find a scuff mark or minor dent on the outside, usually accompanied with broken bat splinters all over the ground.  Once I found broken window glass everywhere where I assume the bat bounced back hard enough and broke out the back window.  The only trouble was when the post fell over and I had to mount it back up.  Nothing like trying to put a 60lb box on a 4x4 post.  Sigh, vengence does feel good.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

D._Frederick

How is your liability Insurance? When some drunk runs into your mailbox and his wife gets her head tore off from your 300lb mail box then what?  You just lost the farm!

Jeff

Those type of mail boxes and posts are illigal here now I believe. Folks are going to those rubber made type boxes that taps a bruising then pop back into shape.

D._Frederick post it pretty blunt but he is right on. It isnt alway the guys that are out to destroy your mailbox that you get. How about the inexperienced 16 year old girl from down the road that just got her drivers lisense that happens to drop off the edge of the pavement or gets to close to the edge and hits it. I would rather buy 100,000 mail boxes.

Bibbyman

Yea,  I don't know what this world is coming to when kids and people that are old enough to know better get a kick out of destroying mail boxes and road signs.  

My brother-in-law built a house on the backside of 120 acres he bought and put up his new mailbox at the end of the drive.  About once a week it was smashed by vandals as well as of the most others along a circuit around the county roads.  The 80-year-old neighbor was so outraged he vowed to just kill them if he could catch them - figuring if they convicted him before he died of old age he'd just be put in a federal nursing home anyway.  Fortunately,  the vandals were caught by the law and made to make restitution and an example of.  

There are a number of mailboxes in our neighborhood built into brick monuments or have a heavy steel cage around them.  

Our mailbox is fragile compared to the 14" hickory tree it stands beside.  If they manage to knock it down, the mailbox ain't going to make any difference.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ADfields

If thay hit my box down in Arizona with a car thay would have needed to get around the phonepole first.   As a tow truck driver I have sean more death and distruction than I like to think on and it is very sad but it's not my falt when someone cant keep controll of there car and hits my mailbox, colvert, car in my drive, load of logs, fence or the horse on the other side!   I was not driving the car.

In B.C. Canada some of the boxes are on a big arm with a brick on the other end so the box is above the snowplows and have a rope so the mailman can pull it down to put the mail in.   When I put my box in hear I asked if I could do that and was told NO WAY, thay gave me a booklet and sead it needs to be like this or we cant put US mail in it.   Last winter I put that thing back up 4 times from it geting hit so I asked to move it acrost the road with the 2 over ther that never get hit and was told no so this sumer we bilt one that thay can hit all thay want and it will just swing right back.   The post is a stoper it's a 6" wellcace 5 feet in the frozen ground so mabe I will still get my mail after it's hit.   You would think when it's glassice roads out thay would slow down for the turn onto my road but thay dont seem to.  
Andy

johncinquo

I understand what you are saying and am fully aware of the liabilty factor.  I was partisan to a suit in FL where some kids were going almost 85 in a residential zone, hit a speed bump, and one suffered a broken neck, and the all sued the community for having the bumps installed.  Someone would have to be intentionally out to smash my box, or they would be airborne before and after being close enough to it to do any damage.  If they crash into it, it will be the least of their worries.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Lenny

I too have the same problem.I couldn`t keep one on the pole.  I put up 24" chiminy blocks full of cement with two mailboxes on top, The first one ,39 is full of cement, the second one we use.Been hit a few times but no bat parts yet
    :)

Jeff

I have updated the list (click here) Are you on it? You really should opt in to our newsletter also if you have not or you may be missing out on something in the next week or so. ;D

(Click here) to get the newsletter, and remember!!! You MUST follow instructions in the email you get in order to activate your Subscription to the Forestry Forums Low Volume, High Content, Shouldnt miss out on,  Newsletter!  :)

Thank You Sponsors!