iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plucking out a tight one.

Started by DanG, May 29, 2006, 12:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

My arborist buddy, Chad, had alerted me that he had a job coming up right down the road, and needed me to be there to haul away the logs.  It wasn't a real big tree, a pine about 18" dbh and 70 or 80 feet tall, but it was tucked in behind a house with nowhere to drop it.  It leaned slightly toward the house, so climbing it and chunking it down would have been a long, laborious process.  So, they hired a crane to come in and lend a hand.  They sent a man up in a basket to attach a cable to the tree, first, then Chad went up in his bucket to make the first cut.

Once that cut was made, the crane operator "flew" more than half the tree up and over the house.

It was a struggle to get the treetop into a position where he could let it down.  There was no place to lay it down, so he set it in the driveway and held it upright...

...while Chad brought his bucket truck around.  He held it there until Chad had completely limbed it out, then laid it on the ground between some small trees.

After that, they removed the butt log the same way, and loaded it directly onto my trailer, then loaded the 2 16-footers from the top log.  I had a grand time watching all of this, and came away with a trailer load of nice fresh pine logs. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

UNCLEBUCK

Way to go DanG ! That would be fun to watch all that for sure . I just did  ;D
Good action pictures  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Brad_S.

Thanks for the pictures, DanG. 8)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

red

sure is nice to have the right equipment

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!