iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My log trailer under construction

Started by alsayyed, May 28, 2006, 10:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Two month ago I have started with the help of friends building the 10'x5' Hydraulic Dump Trailer Model 10HD. We have welded the frame the only thing I stuck up with is using the leaves. The one I have got are big leaves for a GMC truck they are long in size. So I am going to look tomorrow for smaller leave even I have the 15 inch rim and the tires. I have bought the tires with leaves and hub from the municipality scrap yard for almost $ 100. I have purchased the plane from this web site. http://www.trailerplans.com/trailer_plans.htm

But I did go according to there plane exactly, because if I go according to thiere plane the trailer is going to be  very heavy and requires a hydraulic to be installed underneath. So decided to build the trailer first then go for the dumb truck after.

Second project.
The other project  that I am building these days is small trailer to carry the generator. I have purchased 5kw generator in case we go camping with the family and because the generator is very heavy I have decided to build this trailer. I am going to build a cover on the top of the frame to cover the generator, so I can protect from heat and dust and rain.
Any advice or recommendation to be added or to be modified for these two projects.

Fla._Deadheader

Looks like a good start to me 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

getoverit

I cant wait to see that thing loaded with logs :)

Looks like you have a really good start on a good log trailer.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Faron

Alsayyed, Good looking start on the trailer.  Would you mind telling us a little about the kinds of trees you are milling?  A few pictures would be even better. :)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

mometal77

nice trailer hope you get a few ideas from here or advice keep up the great work ..

www.shopfloortalk.com
http://metalwebnews.com/
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

scsmith42

Al, regarding your generator trailer, you might want to keep two thoughts in mind.  First, a series of chambers (such as a "box within a box" will help dampen the sound, and who want's to listen to a generator run when they're out camping?

Second, make sure that there is good airflow through the boxes to ensure adequate cooling.

Good luck.  Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!