iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In Conclusion

Started by Fla._Deadheader, June 03, 2006, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

I have found that the Peterson will saw HARD woods much better than soft. Probably me not paying attention to detail, but, I have been sawing one of Costa Rica's hardest woods, and made "0" adjustments to the mill, from when I was cutting the soft wood. NO problems, AT ALL.

Probably too much fuzzy sawdust against the blade, in the cut, was making the blade run hot on the softwood. NOW, a quick touch-up of the teeth occasionally, and STAND BACK.  My tailer was giving me some strange(r) looks yesterday.  :o :D :D :D :D

Now to get a tractor or something to handle the logs with. Someday, one of these 36"+ logs is gonna get away and mash the mill  ::) ::) :o :o

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Well, I guess I'll tell you here (strange, we live in the same country - but use the Forestry Forum to communicate...)

Anyway, found a huge kiln in La Marina - excellent, professional - talked with the owner. Perfectly willing to dry wood for us. Laurel - 8 days - teak, about 20, I assume 20+ for Corteza.

Very good price too.

One kiln looks like it could easily handle 20,000 BF - he has 3.

I think we still are going to play with the Vacuum kiln though - smaller orders.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

ellmoe

I just noticed that Harold had made a post with one reply, from crtreedude. I thought to myself (because I am alone and no once else to think too :D), these guys are "neighbors" but seem to always communicating through the forum. Then I read cr's reply, "strange, we live in the same country-but...".

I guess "neighbors" is a relative term.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Fla._Deadheader

I have trouble cipherin Fred's smoke signals from the ones put out by the Volcano. Puterrin is easier.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Not only that - we are about an hour away, for the next 2 weeks.

And Arenal interferres with smoke signals.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

IL Bull

Is that using a pack mule? ??? ;D :D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!