iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jonsered 2063 when did jonsered first introduce them

Started by jonsered, March 03, 2007, 10:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonsered

Can anyone tell me a little adout the jonsered range of saws I had a 625 for a good few years and it was great. I now am buying a 2063 firstly are they a profesional saw. When were they first sold. Are the new model 625 and are the older version of the 2163. I cant seem to find any answers on the web anywhere but I think some of you experts out there might know.

leweee

Welcome to the forum jonsered. :) If memory serves me well the 2063 was put in production in the mid 80',same basic saw as the Husky262.....but I'm no Jonnyred expert. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

jonsered

Thanks for that just I had a jonsered 625 from new I bought in the mid 90's great saw I bought this 2063 on ebay and as it is used I didnt know how old it was. I thought it was a newer version of the 625 as it is a brother of the husqy it was a great saw not so sure if the 2063 will be up to the work I'll expect of it! I also a timber butcher and need a reliable saw not something I will get tired pulling to start before It cuts anything.

SawTroll

The 630/625 were based on the Husky 162se/61.

The 2063  and 2163 are basically the same saws as the Husky 362xp and 362xp Special, which are small bore versions of the 371xp introduced late 1995 (or so). They were not a development of the 625 etc, but a completely new design.

I believe the 2063 came out about 1997/98, at the same time as the 362xp.

If you post the serial number of your saw, it should be possible to figure out when it was made.

There was no Jonsereds that was based on the Husky 262xp - that one is a smaller and lighter saw, that also has a bit more power output than the others mentioned here.

All the Jonsered saws mentioned here were made on the Husky factory.
Information collector.

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SawTroll

Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!