iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look who I slept with last night

Started by TexasTimbers, March 31, 2007, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

As I was shaking out my blanket this a.m. something went flying up in the air and I recognized it in an instant. I let go of the blanket and she landed right back on top of it. Had she decidedd to inject me at any point last night, my wife and I would not be going to the prom . . . .  again.

When we were in high school she was a year behind so I graduated and went on down the road to discover the world. I did not take her to her senior prom because I had moved away the year before.
So tonight, we are chapperones at our kids' senior prom and we are all excited to be getting so many second chances together.
We almost missed it again.

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Dan_Shade

i found those under a car once while working on a clutch thingy on my car.  it was in a buddies garage, i just reached over, lightly smashed it, and scooted it into the light.

as my friend and I examined it, he says, "don't tell Kelli (his wife), she'll freak out and we'll have to move"   :D 

not something you want in bed with ya!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DWM II

I find those little rascals under the drip edge of my metal building every summer, they give me the creeps. :o
Stewardship Counts!

thecfarm

You need to find another bed partner.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paschale

Is that a black widow?   :P

(File under one more reason why I'd rather be in Michigan...)   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

metalspinner

QuoteIs that a black widow?

Yep. I just came across a couple today cleaning up a wood pile.  I always where gloves for that reason.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_spider

We have these big old fat barn spiders around here. Their body is as big as a 50 cent piece when they get lots of flies to eat.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill

Not nearly so bad but still packing some wallop - I have gotten bit by a brown recluse . At first I didn't even know it. Then it looked like a mosquito bite . then with a welt and gettin bigger. Finally saw trails going up my arm. Folks at the emergency room said if there wasn't penicillin ( pre-19030's ish I believe ) I would be a goner and they liked it so much they took pic's to show all their newbies ( for which I didn't get paid since it was only my arm and they only pay iffen your face is in it  :(  ). As the man said - a good reasons to live up here. . .

Dave Shepard

I'd much rather deal with the possum in my pantry, which was last week.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Bill in U.P.

I guide for arctic grizzly north of the Brooks Range in late aug. and sept. I've had to chase down and shoot a gut shot bear, and gone into willow patches to hunt them. But spiders NO WAY! Spiders creep them hell out of me.

rebocardo

That looks like a can of Raid picture for my wife.

I don't know, the yellow jackets, especially if I step on a nest, instill more fear then a spider. Gives new meaning to a "sinking" feelingĀ  :o

Dales rt hand

Ooooo, super snuggely!!  Gack!!** Like the spidders I found last night cleaning out the storage..... hebbie jebbieiest looking boogers.............  makes yer skin crawl...  and if you see one.......  {{**shiver, shiver**}}----  it's not the creepy crawley isself, it's the hole it leaves behind..........

guess it just wasn't your time....... thank goodness!!
Dale's Right Hand, aka, Granddaughter Heather
"Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light."

sawguy21

Kev, I bet you are beating the blankets BEFORE you go to bed now. Oh and sleeping with one eye open. ;D I would have been high stepping too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bitternut

I guess she did not have her way with you kev. I think I read somewhere that them things bite and kill their lover after they mate with them. Thats why they call them black widows. Must have been your lucky nite. :D

That thing sure makes a snow storm or two and a little zero weather seem not so bad.

LeeB

Scorpions in yer bed ain't no fun either. Been hit by em more'n once. That'll wake you  up in a hurry. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

flip

...now that I've picked myself up off the floor.  I HATE spiders!  If something like that was in my bed I would first pee on myself, second poop my pants, finally faint or run out of the house screaming like a 11 year old girl.  The house would either me burned or fumigated.  I hate spiders... :-[
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

OneWithWood

Flip, don't ever turn the light on too quickly  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!