The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: 570 grief  (Read 945 times)

Offline arojay

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
570 grief
« on: April 09, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »
I have a 570 that I have mentioned in other posts, that has given me nothing but problems since buying it about 15 months ago.  Initally, it would flood while parked in the shop, pick-up or on the skidder.  When I say flood, it would empty the gas tank into the cylinder.  The last time it emptied through the carb.  After carb kits, needles and vents the mechanic finally put on a new carb.  I should say that they are doing all of this on warranty.  The other ongoing problem is with coils.  Dealer has put in 3, the current one last week.  I got the saw Friday evening, used it on Saturday, took yesterday off and felled about 8 trees with it today and it quit while idling, no spark.  I live about a hundred miles from the dealer so I won't get it in there until next week.  Dealer's mechanic doesn't know why it goes through coils but he says they are junk when he checks them out.  I suggested the flywheel but they checked it out and say it is ok.  I'm going to get a 372, they have one on the rack, but I would like to know what is going on with this 570.  I kind of like it for a medium saw, when it runs.  Any ideas?
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Im having a little grief

Started by lyle niemi on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post February 18, 2014, 08:47:34 AM
by bandmiller2
xx
Feed problems..new parts..good grief

Started by BB on Sawmills and Milling

17 Replies
Last post March 16, 2014, 09:29:09 AM
by Knute