iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson Demo Day ...With A Real Peterson Guy

Started by Burlkraft, April 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husband

Well after another delema with the delta airlines I made it to bangor. (via Portland then a 2 hour taxi ride)
I even fond a converter so now I can charge all my electrical equipment and keep in touch with you all.
Photos are looking good there people, I have never seen so many cameras in one spot! That poor kid that had about 6 hanging of him for a while there.
Yep, Steves "recap"photo. You look quite relaxed there ;D
Nice looking grain there Jeff, it is real cold and wet up here as well in maine.
Thanks to all you FF guys out there who made my stay in WI enjoyable and memorable, espically Steve, Jeff, Greg, "Thee Bob", and Kent.

TexasTimbers

Man o man I sure did miss a great time. I'm glad it turned out to be such a greta success for all involved. I'm especially glad no one got hurt. I was concerned the log would get top heavy and roll over on someone! :D ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Jeff

Not to worry, we had that covered.  :) Corley5 and Beenthere made and installed several chucks to prevent the log from moving. :)  I've been awhile getting to posting these photos as I was sure Greg needed some time to forget about running a Stihl before I reminded him again.  :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

Yep. Y'all thought of everything. The only good news left is to post that because of the demonstration, Peterson sold a mill. I plan to take care of that myself hopefully; All I need is for Texas Ranger to find us a BFTR (Big Fat Texas Redwood) somewhere's in Tejas so's I can tell the missus we have to buy a swingmill from those brilliant Kiwi's across da pond.

In fact, for the first time since I started watching the Amerca's Cup over 20 years ago, i am pulling for Emirates Team New Zealand (to come in second behind behind BMW Oracle Racing of course)! ;)

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff B on May 01, 2007, 04:15:34 PM
I've been awhile getting to posting these photos as I was sure Greg needed some time to forget about running a Stihl before I reminded him again.  :D

I've got ta think that by now Greg OWNS a 660 with a 42" bar....He was kinda speechless after that performance mine gave him.... ;D ;D ;D  That would be speechless in a "Oh man....I gotta get me one 'o these...!!"  Kinda way.... :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff B on April 30, 2007, 08:58:55 AM

Ya mean Corley5 didn't like this big Stihl saw and bar?  ;D ;D
I think he maybee was dreamin this log was standin on end, and he was dropping all 270 + feet of it.  :)
When the right chain finally arrived for this big saw, things started happenin pretty fast then. A few minutes and the frame was set up, and the saw rig mounted on the tracks. Each piece of the frame easily carried or handled by one person. Having Chris there to point out the right way to do things, was great and perfected the demonstration.

Note the limb stub just to the left and above Corley5's head. Indication this was a log further up in the tree, like 50' or more.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

Nice saws Steve but I still wouldn't buy one  ;D  Falling that tree woulda been quite rush.  I wouldn't have wanted the job of climbing up and topping it just cutting it off at the stump  ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

Quote from: beenthere on April 29, 2007, 12:36:12 PM
Loaded up the Michigan crew, and sent them on their way this am.
How'd dat happen? Corley5, Jeff, Husband, Stumpy, Pasbuild

Personally, I find those cheap ratchet straps to be pretty effective and much easier to use, but who am I to tell you folks how to load and secure a trailer. smiley_big_grin3

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

TexasTimbers

katie-did

Quote from: beenthere on April 19, 2007, 07:03:44 PM
What is wrong with this picture? ???

Steve has sleeves in his shirt. Must be and picture fraud or may be Burlkraft fraud.

Look like it was a great time and GREAT proof that a PETERSON can do anything.
It was such a disappointment that Part Timer and I could not make it up. I know that he would have much rather be inhaling saw dust then sitting in a hotel in Canada but the pictures and the stories are the next best thing. I can't what to here the tall tails I mean story at the Hog Roast.
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

stumpy

Hey Burl, where were ya??????  I was in Madison today, so I swung over to the site ta see if ya needed some help loading.  Not only were ya not there, the redwood still was!  What's the deal, are you still recooperatin from the weekend?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Jeff

Jeff

Jeff

stumpy

I didn't get any but there were a couple of people there asking if they could have some for firewood.  I told them to take what they want,  Burlkraft wouldn't mind.

beenthere

Stumpy
When was ya there?  We coulda used your skidsteer at one end or the other, hauling wood to Steve's place. Seems I was there most a da day, and Steve was there longer yet.......sorry to a missed ya. 

Hey, I FOUND my hat....thanks to all who were helpin me not lose it.

I meant...."my hat was found for me"   ;D ;D ;D  and many thanks to Burlkraft and Chris :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Quote from: stumpy on May 02, 2007, 06:54:19 PM
Hey Burl, where were ya??????  I was in Madison today, so I swung over to the site ta see if ya needed some help loading.  Not only were ya not there, the redwood still was!  What's the deal, are you still recooperatin from the weekend?

I went to Oshkosh this morning to meet Furby....

Me and WasHere was there this afternoon and we hauled it all home today.......

It was pretty fun unloadin' them slabs here without a tractor... ;D ;D ;D

Old age and ingenuity conquered..... :D :D :D

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on May 02, 2007, 07:59:50 PM
Hey, I FOUND my hat....thanks to all who were helpin me not lose it.

Who found yer hat.... ??? ??? ???

Who almost lost it again.... ??? ??? ???

Furby

DanG it Stumpy!!!
I go through all the trouble to haul Burl waaaaaay outta town, and ya didn't even score me some wood ???  :o ::) >:(

Trees_rock

I wish that i could have stayed :-[
it looks like it was a fun day
i'm glad that i got to meet some of you

Justin

stumpy

Jeff

Justin, I'm sorry you had to leave too. Glad we got a chance to meet and I hope everything turned out for the best for your girl friend's family.

Burlkraft

Justin,

It was good ta meet ya and I too am sorry ya couldn't stay... :( :(

Just remember........ now that when ya get a job with them big trees, just drop me a line and we'll make some lumber.... ;D ;D

trapper

glad i went the sawing and people were great.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!