iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

band mill construction status

Started by bedway, May 15, 2007, 01:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Well, being my saw bed is 90% done i figured i better start hunting for a axle/ suspention for it. After looking everywhere i broke down and went to the auto salvage yard this morning. I ended up with the spindles off the back end of a chrysler product. The spindles wheels and tires ran me 100 dollars. More than i was hopeing to spend, but i need to progress to free up my garage. My mill project has had the garage tied up since november. I dont intend to be moveing the mill a lot, but i do want it to be portable. Im hanging 3 inch square tubeing on leaf springs mounted to the mill frame. 2 and a half inch tubeing will have the spindles/whls/tires attached to it. This assembly will slide inside the 3 inch and will have a lock pin to hold it in. Once im to a site i jack up the 8 leveling stands, pull the axle pins and off come wheel assemblies, leaveing the axle and springs hanging on the mill.,,,bedway

sprucebunny

Sounds like a good plan for the axles.

Have you started building the carrriage ? What style is that ?

Got any pictures ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

LedlieLogs

The Bedway has pics, look in his gallery. In fact I think it is 77 pics so far. The whole project looks really good. I have been following with great intrest. Can't wait to see how that thing cuts, I know it sure looks square and true from the pictures. A really nice job Bedway. 8)
Ledlie
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Thank You Sponsors!