iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Log Hauler

Started by aniakhenry, June 01, 2007, 01:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aniakhenry

Well I finally upgraded my ATV arch to a more user friendly model.  I spent a couple afternoons in the garage, with sparks and flames flying.  It is operated by a 2000 lb winch.  It uses 2 snatch blocks but I have bought two more to increase the lifting capacity.  I was able to pick up a 16' spruce log with a 16" top completely off the ground but the winch was complaining.  After a couple more snatch blocks it should pick it up without such a fuss.  I hope to use it on a logging trail if I can build a wide enough trail!  Happy Trails! 8)

maple flats

That looks great. Good job!
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

jpad_mi

Very nice! Looks great. You'll wonder how you got along without it.
Jeff P. in Michigan

thecfarm

Happy Trails indeed.Looks like you used ATV wheels?Now you can really move some logs easily.Looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!