iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone need a REAL chainsaw?

Started by Ianab, June 13, 2007, 06:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Was at the NZ Ag Fieldays today.. and guess what I spotted.

Not just an old stock demo one, but a real live brand new pay the man the money and take it way one.  :o

It was on special too  ::)
Unfortunatly the bank manager insisted I leave it behind  :D

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

Now THERE is a saw. 8) Can you imagine what that would go for on e-bay? :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dan_Shade

does it have a chain brake? or is it still old school?

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ed

WoW!!!!!!
I want it, I want it, I want it.......

Ed

Fla._Deadheader

They are plentiful down here on Alaskan type sawmills.  ::) ::)

I have someone wanting to sell one REAL bad. It's been well used, but, still starts and runs fine.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sawguy21

But but but, this one is BRAND NEW.  :D

leweee

Ian .....could you tell us what the special price was in NZ dollars? ;D
           Stihl going to offer any to North America.?
           Any clues to were it is manufactured?
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Dodgy Loner

At nearly $4000, I'm hoping that those are NZ dollars.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Ianab

yup.. that price is $NZ, still about 3,000 $US though  :o
I think they are German built units.
I dont think they sell very many, it's probably more a bragging rights thing, but they are available.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Dodgy Loner

The exchange rate has changed quite a bit since I was there.  If you spend that much money on a chainsaw, you deserve the bragging rights! :D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

SawTroll

Quote from: Dan_Shade on June 13, 2007, 09:55:17 AM
does it have a chain brake? or is it still old school?

It probably has a hand guard that looks pretty much like a chain brake handle, but it isn't..........

...as do the other recently made 070s and 090s.

They are made in Germany, not in Brazil, as I once thought.
Information collector.

Bill

FWIW

The early Honda's we tinkered with in HS had smaller engines . . .

all in all - just to have an 090 in the tool shed would be cool ( and the neighbors would appreciate the help with all the blowdowns we had two days ago )

oldsaw

3120 is all the big saw I need.  Still gets me bragging rights in most everyplace I'll show up.

Went to a really nice Stihl dealer last week, big selection of saws, and actually did some real action in pro saws.  The sales guy was really nice, and went into his schpiel about the different classes of saws, I was dressed for work and not looking like much of a saw guy.  I stopped him and told him that I had an 066 and was just checking them out.  They sell a few 660s, and just had another one prepped to go out.  Started telling me a story about an 880, then when he was done, I got to tell him, "I know, I've got a 3120."  He looked like I'd done cleaned the manly bragging stuff right out of him.

Super nice guys though.  Nice to have such a nice dealer in my territory.  Ellis in Dubuque, IA.  Couldn't believe the number of .404 bars, getting into hardwood country there.  A different sight for a guy who lives on the prairie and is considered kind of a freak at the local shops.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

sawguy21

I don't imagine you see too many of the big boys with .404 bars in Iowa. :D

olyman

oldsaw--i talked with the stihl dealer 30 miles west of me--asked if he ever seen a 090--he said nope--said you want to see one??????????????? ;D ;D-----i got a few parts from him for it--but most parts off ebay from a guy in oregun----

oldsaw

Such saws are a rarity on the prairie.  090s are kind of rare everywhere.  Funny story though.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

333_okh

If I could get it to California for a reasonable shipping cost I would buy it right now.  !!! !!! !!!  

I always need a saw for the bigger wood.  I have some 6 foot plus hardwoods that still need cut, ripped and milled.

schmism

did i see that tag right.... 6.3kW

mumble mumble  <reaches for calcualtor>

<punch punch>  (convert Kw--> HP)  mumble

<pick jaw up>

8.44 HP saw!

just....  just......  WOW!
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

Dave Shepard

I think it is actually like 8.6kw or something like that, the 880 is 6.4kw, or 8.6bhp.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_van

I'll bet that 090 sounds like the muscle cars from the 60's -  8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Bernhard

This saw is not made in Germany. The largest one offered here is the MS 880.

I haven´t found any informations at the southamerican websites, but infact they still made a 070 and a 08 in Brazil.

Hopefully it isn´t that one, Stihl batched.

http://www.chinaemas.com/products.asp?type_id=41

SawTroll

According to the info I have, the 070 and 090 has never been made by Stihl anywhere else than in Germany, and at least the 070 still is but not for the German market - Chinese copies is another story.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!