iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grandchild Stools

Started by IL Bull, June 19, 2007, 11:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IL Bull

I built my sweet little Grand daughters (I now have 5) tip resistant stools for use around their house so that they can reach stuff that they shouldn't. :D  Everybody liked them so much that now I have orders from my great nieces and nephews which are too numerous to count.  Here is my latest run (I try to make 4 at a time).  Left to right:  Oak   Walnut   Cherry  and   Maple

Then I had to make a Osage one for my deer shack and a Walnut and Cottonwood for my shop.  The larger one is as tall as a five gallon bucket.

Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Jeff

Very nice. :) Walnut and Cottonwood together. who'd a thunk. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

metalspinner

Those are nice!  They will be handy, too.  I like the osage on the best.  I bet that sucker is heavy! :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

IL Bull

Heavier than even the larger one.  The heaviest one I've made so far. 8)

WDH

Post a pic of one upside-down so I can see how the underside is constructed.  I have got to have one of those ;D.

Look at that maple one with the heartwood contrast 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Burlkraft

Them are nice Bull...Now ya need a Redwood one.... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

IL Bull

Steve,  you are so right! 8)

IL Bull

Quote from: WDH on June 19, 2007, 04:14:09 PM
Post a pic of one upside-down so I can see how the underside is constructed.  I have got to have one of those ;D.

I'll take a picture tonight.

Norm

Those are cool Mr Bull. I like the osage orange one too but the cottonwood walnut one is a close second.  :)

asy

My favourite is the Walnut one, but then I've always been partial to dark wood...

They're FANTASTIC.

I bet the kids are all thrilled with them, I could do with one myself!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Burlkraft

Quote from: IL Bull on June 19, 2007, 05:35:50 PM
Steve,  you are so right! 8)

Did you get some..???   If not........

If ya come ta the pig roast, we'll whack a hunk off Jeff's..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ironwood

Well, those are better than the stools some grandchilder leave behind!!!

Sorry I couldn't resisit since noone else had chimed in.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WDH

I can just see one in quartersawn sycamore ::).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

Well done!  They're all beautiful, it would be hard to pick a favorite...but since osage-orange is the only one of those woods that I've yet to work with, I'll have to pick that as my favorite :).  The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ;).
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

asy

Quote from: Ironwood (Reid Crosby) on June 19, 2007, 09:24:02 PM
Sorry I couldn't resisit since noone else had chimed in.

Must admit, when I first saw the title, I thought "oh,oh, it's photos of a grandparent changing a nappy???

Was Very pleasantly surprised!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Patty

Those little stools are the best! You did a fine job. We still have the stool one of our son's had as a child. It says, "stand up to be tall, sit down to be small"   :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

IL Bull

Did you get some..???   If not........

If ya come ta the pig roast, we'll whack a hunk off Jeff's..... ;D ;D ;D
Should I bring a chain saw? :D ;D
WDH
Here is the bottom view.
ie. hedge stool:
The top is 14" x 8"  legs are 10.5 x 4 inches   sides are 12" x4"  everyting is on 15 degree angle. compound miter on the legs. 
Legs are cut at 90 degrees where they join,  glue with biscuit.   Top, sides and legs are glue with screws.  All parts are 5/4 planed.

WDH

Tom

I love little stools like that.  One of my prized possessions is a signed sweet gum stool given to me by one of my "old timer" customers.   It's very important to date and sign stuff like that.  When you give it to family, it's even nice to include a little note on the bottom.  When the 2 year olds are 60 is when it means the most to them.

Have you ever noticed that, the older a fellow gets, the taller the stool he requires?   If I get my butt below my knees, I'm cooked. :D

sawguy21

I gotta get some time in my BIL's shop. My grand niece would love one of those. At 2 1/2 she is already adept at getting into things she shouldn't.  :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

The stool should help her be even more adept :D.

IL Bull

Sure helped my grand kids! :D ;D

SwampDonkey

Nice stools IL  Bull. I don't have a favorite, but I'm partial to the cherry one. I have an old red rocking horse in the attic that my mother is always asking about to give to some kid I don't even know. I asked her what was wrong with the kid that has it now? End of discussion.  ;D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IL Bull

I made a mistake on the length of the sides.  I have edited my post but they are 12" x 4" before cutting the angles.  ::)

Modat22

I was scared to open this thread at first , but glad I did. Those look great!  :o
remember man that thy are dust.

Thank You Sponsors!