iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ivan Bo has his 97th Birthday today

Started by Nancbee, June 26, 2007, 10:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancbee

Hi, everyone,
My Dad, Ivan Bo, is celebrating his 97th Birthday today. Although he doesn't visit the Forum too often on his computer he checks his email very often. If you have a moment, please shoot him a Howdy! He'll get a kick out of it! ibooker@adelphia.net

He's done alot of different things in his long life and now since his legs have just about worn out, he doesn't get out to his favorite fishing holes or hunting trails or cranberry bogs but he can tell stories! He'll talk your ear off but unfortunately, his hearing is failing too so he doesn't listen very well anymore.  :D

Thanks for making his day brighter!
Nancbee
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Paul_H

Sure will Nancybee!

I remember this post from a couple of years ago and have thought of your Dad now and then.

Link
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

flip

Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

TexasTimbers

That's great!  My great Aunt will be 101 this December. She mowed her own lawn into her low nineties. 94 I believe. 93 for sure. not self-proppeled. And drove way past when she should have. Nearly ran over my sister at a red light she went right through uptown the last year she drove. Claimed she never ran a red light in her life. ;D She is very lucid and still walks. She tells my dad, 71, she is going to outlive him. My dad believes it.

She still has a great sense of humor and likes to tell a story about when she was alittle girl coming to Texas in a covered wagon, just like my late Grandma did.

We ask her what she is shooting for and she says "Well I guess I don't ever want to die really." We  don't remind her that's not an option. ::)

Not trying to steal your thread, point is tell Ivan Happy Birthday and that if my Aunt Lilly can make 101 he can too. 8)

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

thecfarm

Yes,I did.Hope he likes what I wrote.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!