iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Got my daughter mad at me

Started by dancan, July 08, 2007, 03:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancan

or should it be "keeping kids out of trouble "
I had a lot to clear and chip so i hired my 16 year old's boyfriend for the day , i guess i worked him a little hard ,that night they rented a movie but he fell asleep 20 minutes into it  :)

tree-farmer

they just don't build them like they used too.....

in the young mans defence, you have to ask, how many young fellows would go out and work with girl friends dad aroud a chipper... either his intentions are noble or he is a total dummy :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

bull

my daughter and her boy freind picked a half an acre of rock for me today... new sqaush patch.
about 5 yards of rock very nice job... He busted his butt, she didn't do half bad either!!!!

low_48

dancan, I think you have found the perfect solution to some of the worry of bringin' up a teenage daughter :D  Maybe you should offer him a steady job, might be money really well spent.

WDH

The boy looks like he might be from good stock..........
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dancan

well when i first met him i took a quick inventory , no tattoos , no metal sticking in his face or earrings , knows how to wear a pair of pants , says please and thank you . Yessssss  8)
I hope she keeps this one .

Quartlow

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

ely

don't be so approving of him,  she will shed him in hot second.

my girl had a boyfriend once, the sort you had described except this one was a little worse. the more i questioned her sanity the more she liked the guy. before long i really took a liking to the fella, i went out of my way to speak very positive about the kid. i went on and on about how great a person he was.  ::) it did not take but 3 weeks and he was out of there. ;D

Modat22

I can remember being shown a gun collection before taking the mans daughter out.
remember man that thy are dust.

Onthesauk

My wife tells the story of her Father sitting out in the yard with a shotgun when a date came to pick her up.  He was actually trying to keep the crows out of the corn but her date didn't know that. :)
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

thecfarm

At least he will work.I know of 20 years old at work that don't want to do no more than what they have too.I can just about imagine them working outside,really working.Just the way some people are.There are some out there that will do a good job all day.Just the way they was brought up.I see alot at work and can just imagine the way thier kids are being brought up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nancbee

Try to picture this:
My 2 teenage daughters (beautiful, like their mother) are sunning themselves on the float about 50 yards off shore from our summer cottage. I'm sitting in the Adirondack chair, on shore, enjoying the beautiful Maine summer. Several young men were horsing around on their float a few camps down. One boy dives off his float and swims to our float. When he reaches the float, he grabs onto it, turns and yells to one of his friends, "You owe me $5."
(Impressive, right?) So he starts talking to the girls. The girls point to me, sitting on the shore. The boy looks my way and I make the unmistakable action of cocking a shotgun! "CheChe"
The boy swam back to his friends...they left their float, never to be seen again!

The girls still laugh at the whole scene 10 years later
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Skytramp

When a new one comes over I allways pick that time to sharpen my knife, has worked well so far.
Skytramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Percy

A good line to use on your daughter's boyfreind when discusing how late she will come home is  "Well, I aint afraid to go back to prison" :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

dancan

when i first met him my daughter already told him i owned guns so i just told him i hunt ... alot .

Thank You Sponsors!