iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebac LD3000

Started by Oldsawdust, July 19, 2007, 10:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldsawdust

I found a Ebac LD3000 kiln for sale and just wanted to Know what YAL think about this type of kiln or if anybody has one and how they like it  8)
Help-I'am new at this

Kansas

We have an Ebac LD3000, and also a Nyle of comparable size. The Nyle definitely outperforms the Ebac. If you buy the Ebac, make sure the cold coils cool down, and the controller works properly. Dealing with Ebac can be a nightmare, especially if its under warranty. Unless things have changed, the company is out of England, and getting parts can take forever. Look carefully at the cold coils, and see if they are showing any flake or green on them. When they go, you usually have to replace both those and the compressor. If I remember right... coils and compressor run about 700 dollars.

oakiemac

I have both nyle and ebac. To sum it up, I hate the Ebac and love the Nyle.

I have had nothing but trouble with the ebac. Their service department is horrible and the whole unit is cheaply made. My advice-look for a used Nyle it will save you a lot of head aches.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Oldsawdust

thanks for the info. is there anybody else want to hop on this please DO. :P 8)
Help-I'am new at this

Thank You Sponsors!