iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

maple syrup

Started by L. Wakefield, April 09, 2003, 07:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L. Wakefield

Sap's still running. I'd mentioned my project down at the town hall, and one of the employees offered me the use of her humongous lobster cooker to boil down sap. I hadn't had enough til the last 2 days to justify firing it up, but it's been going all evening.

What a monster boiler it is! Not like my flat pan I used in WV- but awesome nonetheless.

I am presently hatching the idea of firing it up to cook a bunch of lompers when sap-boiling season is over. Wonder what the price of bugs will be then? They tend to run pretty high in the winter months.

Nice to be making syrup again..  lw  
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

ohsoloco

Hmmm, what's a lomper  ???

L. Wakefield

My husband's family's version of how one pronounces 'lobster'- aka 'bug'. You don't want to hear some of their other terms for various things and actions...
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

MrMoo

Sap is still running in NH too. I expect my neighbor to be boiling again this weekend.

ohsoloco

That sounds better than eating actual bugs  :D

L. Wakefield

Aaahh- slimy, yet satisfying... :o  lw

Thank You Sponsors!