iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tom was right again . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, October 18, 2007, 12:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Hey Tom you remember that thread on auto clutches a while back where I popped off and said something like "I don't see what is so hard about pulling a DanG lever mine is easy." or some similiar ignorant comment?

And then you said something like "Well it ain't (I know a former newspaperman don't use that word) the pulling resistance that gets ya it's the repetition that'll finally do you in." Or some similiar wise statement?

My shoulder has been killing me lately and it finally dawned on me why. Now if you please excuse me I have some pie to eat.  Tastes like some kind of bird.   ::)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Dan_Shade

i learned at an early age not to argue with those that have "walked the walk" 

now, that being said, those that "stumble the walk", that's a different story :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Stump Jumper

i think i even mentioned it when furby and i delivered that mochine  ::)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

customsawyer

I am suprised there is any of that bird left after all of it that I have had to eat. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

Tom is always right.  smiley_scholar

Just sometimes there is something more to add or another way.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Don K

Ya'll have convinced me that if I ever upgrade I will invest in a autoclutch. My body already aches without adding to it. ;)

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

TexasTimbers

Quote from: stump_jumper on October 18, 2007, 04:17:02 PM
i think i even mentioned it when furby and i delivered that mochine ::)

You may have but you aren't usually right so I ignored you. ;)

On top of that you were travelling with Furby so there goes any credibility. :D 

woodbeard

Yeah, it started getting to me too. It's an awful feeling. Don't know if you saw my post about it, but I put a centrifugal clutch on mine. If your mill is new enough ( '97 or newer )  I would say the autoclutch is the way to go.

Minnesota_boy

If your shoulder keeps bothering you, go see a good chiropractor.  He'll make you squirm and maybe bring a tear to your eyes, but your shoulder will feel much better in a day or two and won't likely give you any more trouble.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Bibbyman

We had a 96 LT40 Super with the 35hp Wisconsin V4 cast iron engine.  Talk about a mill that would build up your right arm muscles!  Mary could pull the lever with one hand by locking her arm and letting her knees buckle so to let her body do the pulling.  It was a major reason we went with the Command Control on our new mill (in 2002) that included AutoClutch.

But now I've noticed that I'm building up a callous on the ball of my left thumb from working the debarker and AutoClutch toggle switches.  I'm considering cutting back on my sawing hours and increasing my TV remote control hours to build up a like callous on my right thumb.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

OneWithWood

Always thinking, Bib.  :D

Some pigskin gloves will help with the callouses, but you will look funny wearing gloves to watch the tube  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

TexasTimbers

Yeah mine is new enough to take the auto clutch. I just have 99 other things higher on the priority list right now. The shoulder will have to bite the bullet. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!