iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well Tom...............................

Started by CHARLIE, November 22, 2007, 10:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

WDH

What happens on Sunday?  Do you visit him or does he become old as dirt? 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

CHARLIE

He's too far away for a visit right now. Besides.....if I headed for Florida right now I might miss some of Winter. Couldn't do that! :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

I think Tom is gonna finally be a grown-up.  I been seein' his name creepin' to the forefront of the birfday list. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

sawguy21

Charlie, glad to see ya crawled out from under yer rock even if'n it is to give yer brudder a hard time. Where ya been?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

Charlie

Gary_C

Quote from: CHARLIE on November 22, 2007, 11:30:24 PM
Building a 11½ foot sailboat 8)

Charlie, you gona sail down the Apple River or the Willow River?  :D :D

Tom, the problem is the teenagers all want to be older so they can do things they are not supposed to do as youngsters and the older guys like us wish we were teenagers so we could do the things we used to be able to do. Unfortunately only the teenagers will have their wishes come true.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Woodcarver

Tom you sound like my wife.  Whenever someone mentions a transplant she says she wants a body transplant.  :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

LeeB

A little early but, Happy Birthday to you Tom, and many, many more.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fat olde elf

I keep urging TOM to get those knees fixed......my bionic hip works fine. I was about his age when I got it fixed.......Happy Birthday !!!!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

getoverit

birthday cake?? did someone mention birthday cake?? man oh man, I *LOVE* birthday cake. I smell birthday cake !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Texas Ranger

Olde Elf, age fixed me, you mean you had to pay for it? 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

I made it!!

It's 00:25 and I'm alive and 65.  ;D 8)

Happy Birthday, everybody.  :) :)

g'nite. :)

Furby

Happy Bday Tom, and many more to come!
8) 8) 8)

WDH

Old as the Cretaceous sediments.......well, not quite ;D.  You have a ways to go yet :D.

Warbird

Texas Ranger

Gee, only 6 more months and your be on Sociable Security, or what's left of it.  Hang in there, bub. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

getoverit

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Bibbyman

Quote from: Tom on November 22, 2007, 11:26:02 PM
I want a new body!

I want a new body too. 

I spotted one the other day but Mary said I couldn't have her.   smiley_gorgeous :D

Happy Birthday Tom!  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

scsmith42

Tom,

I'm sure that I speak for many on the FF when I state that we have all greatly benefited from the insight, advice, and words of wisdom that you have shared in your many posts. 

You have a wonderful way with words, and the perspectives that you share matches your eloquence.  I've met many folks that have great thoughts and perspectives, but lack the gift of eloquent communications.  I've met others that were great communicators, but I wouldn't give 2 cents for the contents that they were trying to share.

And then, on rare occasions, a person surfaces that is both an excellent communicator and also has some excellent thoughts worth sharing.  You fall into this category.

Thank you very much for your posts.  We've all been greatly enriched by your gifts to us via your posts.

I hope that you have an outstanding birthday!

Best regards,

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

katie-did

8)  smiley_rainbow_colors Happy Birthday Tom   smiley_clapping smiley_bounce
Hope your day is a wonderful one!
Katie-Did, Part-Timer and the kids
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Gary_C

Happy Birthday Tom! 

You are now as old as I am. And in case you did not know it, you are now on Medicare. Don't wait for the SS Administration to contact you like I did. Set up an appointment and go have them lay out all your options.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Coon

Do you feel any older Tom?  Do you feel 65??  Happy Birthday you old spring chicken you....
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

faronskid

5 rugrats = no dull moments here

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

brdmkr

I'm almost too late!  But, I ain't.   It is still Sunday.  Happy birthday!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

DanG

Happy Birthday, Tom! 8) 8)

Some people from Medicare will be contacting you.  When they do, be nice to them, because they are from the Government and are there to help you. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Thankyou everybody for the Happy Birthday wishes.  I was proud to share the day with you.  Gael gave me a Case #325 pocket knife with a green curly oak handle.  It's style says Moose.  I've not seen one before but it's pretty. 

Just for those who might keep track, I'm now in my 66th year. :D

Now I lay me down to sleep.........   ;D

Bow Saw

Hey Tom,
Happy Birthday and Good Health wishes!
The Bow Saws

Haytrader

Haytrader

Roxie

I can't believe that I've missed this occasion by a day! 

Happy belated Birthday, you dear, sweet, wonderful guy!   8)
Say when

Tom

Patty

Happy day Tom!  crow_smiley

Better late than never......
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

isawlogs

Avec s'est mots , je te souhaites mon ami Tom , le plus bel aniversaire de naissance a date et en plus d'en avoir plusieurs dans le futur .

Alors bonne fête et surtout , bonne retraite .  ;)    :-*

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kas

Happy Birthday Tom.  You're the reason I came here quite a few years ago, and have been lurking ever since. I wish your old fishing buddy from years ago had followed thru on the contact, he's missing quite a community here as well as what I see as a great man.
Scott

ADAMINMO

Sorry I missed out on it Tom ....... Happy Birthday from your favorite mill Hyster!!

Bro. Noble

Well, Tom,  I didn't overlook this thread or forget ,  I just didn't know how to express my feelings.  Then Marcel comes along and said(I think) just what was on my mind------Happy Birthday you old know-it-all  ;D   That is what he said isn't it? ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

OneWithWood

Tom,
Happy belated, belated 65th.  Are you still celebrating?
OWW
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

All the way to next year, OWW.  :D

Any day you wake up and put both feet on the floor  is a day to celebrate.  ;D

Thankyou for the birthday wishes.   8)

Thank You Sponsors!