AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Model 129  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Frank_Pender

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
Model 129
« on: May 07, 2003, 10:45:46 PM »
To add onto and yet step aside of the thread that Lynn began.  Mobile Mfg is build 3 new machines as I understand from SamillJohn.  They will have two 19" edger blades as permanent type attatchments, along twith the standard large blade.  I am getting to excited about this new model that I may just sell the first mill I bought and buy one of them.   8)
Or, I would just buy a new 129 and that would give me 1 Model 128 original, 1 Model 128 Special Hydraulic and the 129.  I heard that there are two or three fellas in Alaska and Steve in Hawaii that want these machines.  Why not me here in Oregon? ;D  I guess if Loren can get a new mill, so can I. ???  How are those mill coming John.  I reckon I will have to come to Troutdale and check them out. :)
Frank Pender

Offline Steve

• I'd rather be fishing.
    • Share Post
    • Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
Re: Model 129
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 11:18:39 PM »
Frank

I already have what I call a Model 129 but it has one large edger blade only just like a model 128 but just allows me to cut 9" horizontally instead of 8". Otherwise it is just like yours I believe. If Mobile MFG is designing a double edger machine that size that would be a different animal.
You can order the parts from Mobile to convert a 128 to 129. New main shaft and new blade and a couple of "extenders" for the shroud.
I know there is one more of these saws here on the BIg Island and I belive the first one made is in Alaska.
I did it because guitar backs need more than 8 1/4" stock for the bookmatch. Way good for Qsawing.

I've been milling Kiawe the last few days. A heavier wood I haven't ever found!! I believe it is the same or similar to Mesquite. Has anyone here ever milled it?
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Offline Frank_Pender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 07:24:54 AM »
I appologiz, Steve, I thought you were going to get one.  I must have misunderstood.  :-/ I also forgot that you had special redesigned parts attatched to your 128 model.  :-[ Hey, by the way I got another special order job for the slabber a couple of days ago.  This will be about thirty slabs for the unit I will have completed.  It is working better each time I set up the system.   8) 8) 8)  How is your son doing in school?
Frank Pender

Offline Steve

• I'd rather be fishing.
    • Share Post
    • Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 09:58:40 AM »
No need for apologeez Frank. I could sell a few slabbers here if someone could finalize a retrofit for MD's and MIghty Mites. I don't know if Mobile is going to do anything more with that or not.

Did I hear you post pictures these days? If so how about one of the bottom edger bearing where this slabber attaches? The outboard end I think I could fabricate something for.

As for my son, he is now my offbearer, sawdust shoveler, and general mill hand. Trying to earn him some money for school again this fall. Maybe in your neck of the woods or maybe here-depends.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Offline sawinmontana

• Living in Gods country!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 07:26:08 PM »
In our local paper there is a 1991 MD advertised for $12,000. It didn't give a model number. What are these mills worth? How do they do in smaller wood, say around 10"or so?

Scott

Offline Frank_Pender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 07:51:05 PM »
Montana, I sawed up some in that range today, as a matter of fact.  I was running about a 35% overrun on 2 x 6s and 2 x 4s.  For me the optimum diam. seems to be in the 16" to 24" Douglas Fir.  If it is a '91 it could be either a Model 127 or a 128.   The 128s now run anywhere from $18,000 to $23,000, depending on the bells and whistles you wish to have.  The higher end cost includes the full trailer package.  Then you can get some additional add -ons; such as the loading winch system and ramps as well as the power unit for that system
That price sound very good from this end.  It almost entices me to look into the unit as I am still trying to find one that I can send to my son in Haiti for his Missionary work.
Frank Pender

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Old track vehicle,model T ford,model A ford ,antique snowmobile meet

Started by chet on General Board

0 Replies
Last post January 09, 2015, 11:19:20 PM
by chet
xx
Old track vehicle,model T ford,model A ford ,antique snowmobile meet

Started by loggah on Shows, Events and Places to meet

12 Replies
Last post August 24, 2015, 07:55:27 PM
by coxy