iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do it know?

Started by Tom, January 28, 2008, 02:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I got a bowl of leftover chili out of the refrigerator  and went to the microwave to heat it up for lunch.  I put it in the oven and started to hit "on" when I realized that there was  a button that read "reheat".  I don't ever remember seeing that before.  So, being an adventurous sort, I pushed it.   Nothing happened at first accept that a fan came on. (it's a convection oven too)  Then the microwave came on and and ran for bit and shut off.   

I took out the chili to stir it and put it back.  The bottom of the bowl was still cold.  But, when I stuck the spoon into the food, I found that it was all hot.

How do it know?

DanG

I don't know nuthin about machinery. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Well, put down that wheelbarrow, James lewis!! :D

Dan_Shade

those of us in the radio type world call it PFM, pure "*" magic

:)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Warbird

Methinks it is measuring heat waves and steam coming off of the food.

Fla._Deadheader

That's why I avoid "Nuked" food, if I know about it.  :) :) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

Something about moisture content in the steam perhaps?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

pappy

One day robots will rule  :o
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

logwalker

One word: humidistat

If you use that function a lot I think you will find it is not always accurate bit is a good approximation.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

RSteiner

If it was good chili it should be hot right out of the refigerator.

One swallow should tell ya.  :)

Randy
Randy

Fla._Deadheader

I like it cold, right from the fridge, with Ritz crackers mashed up in it.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Part_Timer

Tom when you find out see ifin you can find out how it knows the potatoes are done.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

DanG

Quote from: Part_Timer on January 29, 2008, 09:55:42 PM
Tom when you find out see ifin you can find out how it knows the potatoes are done.

It don't. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Part_Timer

Dang
On ours you throw 4 or 5 potatoes in the nuker hit the button marked patatoes and let it rip.  Come back when the buzzer goes off and the spuds are cooked all the way through.
Peterson 8" ATS.

pigman

On our nuker, I put in a potato, hit the baked potato button and let her rip. Come back after a while and using a spatula scrape the cooked potato off the top of the nuker.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Part_Timer

You sure the button doesn't read mashed potato ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.

Tom

Aren't you supposed to punch a few holes in the potato so it doesn't explode?

I put an egg in a microwave one time.  That was enough.   

They had just installed it in the building were we had the computer and nobody knew anything about them  That was in 1970.   We ended up making a mess of a lot of things before we figured it out.  Don't put hot chocolate mix with marshmellows in a cup of water and nuke it.   Don't put artificial creamer in your instant coffee preparation and nuke it.   If you want to cook an egg, break it and put it in a cup.  if you put it in there in the shell, it comes apart.

Super glue hit us about the same time too.  I'll have to tell you of our experiments sometime.   We glued a fellows shoes to the floor once. :D

zopi

Quote from: Tom on January 30, 2008, 07:35:31 PM
Aren't you supposed to punch a few holes in the potato so it doesn't explode?

I put an egg in a microwave one time.  That was enough.   

They had just installed it in the building were we had the computer and nobody knew anything about them  That was in 1970.   We ended up making a mess of a lot of things before we figured it out.  Don't put hot chocolate mix with marshmellows in a cup of water and nuke it.   Don't put artificial creamer in your instant coffee preparation and nuke it.   If you want to cook an egg, break it and put it in a cup.  if you put it in there in the shell, it comes apart.

Super glue hit us about the same time too.  I'll have to tell you of our experiments sometime.   We glued a fellows shoes to the floor once. :D

yah..poke 8 or 10 holes in the taters....two words..steam jacket..

there were folks that died from taking the doors off the microwaves and shorting the interlocks...convienient, but dumb..

heh...glued an e-7's coffee cup to the deck once....with ten ton epoxy...it cured quite well overnight...

saw an old gal in a hotel lobby putting three boiled eggses in the nuke box...uhhh..ma'am you might not wanta do that..sooo
she got an attitude about being an expert cook...ok..have fun...came back by a few minutes later and the old gal was fussing at one of the waitstaff to clean up the mess.. ;D so I told the girl that I would clean it up (I was in uniform) because I had failed to educate the lady concerning basic physics....ooooooo..she was MAD. :D

ok..so I'm a jerk..save me a place by the fire..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

pigman

QuoteAren't you supposed to punch a few holes in the potato so it doesn't explode
Now you tell me.  ;D  I never said that I was a cook.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!