Sponsors:

:(

Started by Arich, March 14, 2008, 07:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arich

Gotta bum leg  :'(

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

zopi

eh...sucks..

had surgery on my rear end this morning...1.5 " splinter..0.0225 bd ft...<GRIN>

they cut it out and i wound up with 12 stitches and a big bottle of vicodin..

hatin' it...i've got fresh lumber outside needs stickering..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Burlkraft

You ain't gittin' by that easy........ ::) ::) ::)

We gotta hear the splinter story ...... got any pics.... ???  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

zopi

Meh...If i gotta hijack the thread and tell my story so does he^ ;D

crap...I was sitting out in the smoke pit at work having a smoke with a buncha my
buddies, and the lovely and talented lady chief that i flirt with most was tugging on my
shirt to get me to scoot (groan) closer...i'd imagine she wanted to tell me a dirty joke..anyway,
I scooted, and screeched...much to the general mirth of the looky loos...

So i hobbled into the head (bathroom for you landlubbers) and yanked the *DanG thing out...only
i didn't think i got it all out so I went to the ER...and of course in the process of examination the guy couldn't tell
the other half of this *DanG log was still in there...I didn't discover it until after i had driven the 50 miles home..
sooo...I went back to the ER this morning and hunted down my favorite corpsman, who has done surgery on my carcass before, and after he got done laughing at me, went out and got this adorable blue eyed blonde young lady who (after she got done laughing at me..i love corpsmen..) actually did most of the work on me..she cut the bloody (!) thing out and the other guy  sewed my butt up like a hatian guy in a baseball factory...

and yes, I have pictures...and no you aren't gonna see them..this is still a family site...besides...you WILL lose lunch..think
hatchet wound... ::)

I think I will set the *DanG thing in concrete outside and pull a flag up it...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Arich

how come my picture wont show???

beenthere

This one?

Hope you didn't get caught underneath it.... ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodsrunner

hey zopi,
so smoking really is bad for you, huh?

woodsrunner

thecfarm

Zopi,I'll pick on you first.12 stitches!!!!!!! that was some piece of wood.I put one almost through my finger once.

Arich,update your profile so we all know where you are from.Hope you did not get hurt with your skidder.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Radar67

The stitches were probably more from the hack job than the splinter. Them corpsmen have to get even with the Chiefs however they can.  :D :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodsrunner

Sorry zopi,
couldn't resist that. it is friday evening and my brain is almost shot after this week, guess i'm a little goofy tonight. besides being a smoker myself I never get to razz someone else about that .

woodsrunner

woodsrunner

hey arich tell us about your fun day with the skidder

zopi

ah..believe me, you guys can't do worse than a bunch of chiefs...I have taken alot of crap over the last couple of days..

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dave Shepard

Arich, I hope you aren't busted up too bad!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ronwood

zopi,

Are you sure you weren't using a rough board has a slide!!!

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Radar67

Maybe they made him walk the plank and he slipped before he made it to the end...being a Navy man and all.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Reddog

Arich,

Did the rim blow out?
Or did the tire just slip off?

Never any fun jacking a skidder up and wresling a tire back on.  :(

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Arich

That tire always worried me. It had lost a lug about 15 years ago and the guy ran it like that ever since. I was pulling in a hitch and pow. It took me two days to limp it out of the woods about 2500ft. All this only to find out that used 28L 26 tires are extremley rare, however I found a firestone for 400$ about 4 1/2 hours away. 150$ tube and a 100$ mount and I should be pullin wood in a few days (I hope)!!

Dave Shepard

Ah, so your skidder has the bum leg, thought you'd been smooshed.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

donny hochstetler

hey guys, I have a set of 28 in. tires -rims for a timberjack came off of a 230 d. the tires are bald but they do hold air. rims are good. 50.00 apiece payable to the forestry forum good luck fixing the flat always a bummer.

Arich

I sent you a private message.

Thank You Sponsors!