iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Pex temperature rating HELP!

Started by whodoctor, August 10, 2008, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodoctor

I have read that Central Pex has a heat rating of 180 degrees.  I am running my E-Classic 2300 at 185 degrees, and the reading in the house says that the temp is actually 189 or so degrees coming into the house.  Does anyone know if this is a problem or not?  Please help.

Thanks.
Success is following the pattern of life that one enjoys the most

thecfarm

I have no idea about Central Pex.I would call up the dealer you bought the pex from.I have no idea what kind I'm using with my ODF.I would not be concerned about it.I doubt they would sell you pipe with such a margin of danger in the temp range,IMHO
I forgot what my high temp is on my pipe.I was told too.I asked.Guess it was pretty high if I did not make a note of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SPIKER

most of the PEX stuff is rated at XXX temp and XXX pressure.  the higher the temp the lower the pressure it can take...   

mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Dana

Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

rowerwet

according to what I found out at 0 pressure pex is rated at 240 F, if you take a sample of pex and abuse it with a torch you will be impressed at what that stuff can take. I think the 240 F is actualy figured with a saftey margin also.
josh
Husky 460, Fiskars x27, X7

Thank You Sponsors!