iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roller Choppers

Started by Brian Beauchamp, August 13, 2008, 05:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Beauchamp

Anyone know where I can get one around SE Oklahoma? New, used, rental...anything. We need to get some debris and woody regen knocked down before burning next spring.

ely

brian, our company is renting one from vermeer dealer in OKC. if what you are looking for is the fecon type brush cutter. it is mounted on a 100 hp tracked type skid steer.

Brian Beauchamp

Thanks, Ely. What size debris/brush does that handle? ...have some pics to share?  ;D

ely

no i wish i had took some pics of it, but when i get near a machine like that all i do is run it to death.  once it leaves our AO its back to the chainsaw for me so i try and get all i can out of those loaners while they are here.
but that particular machine i used to reclear over grown swamps and right of way. it will walk right through pine and oak up to and including 4 inch dia. material. if you take care and back back over the mown area it will look like a golf course. i don't i always hog it down in timely fashion and get on with the biz. i did slow down long enough to cut down a 14 inch base pine tree and a 10 inch or so oak tree that was encroaching on the ROW. it just takes a little more fineese to do the larger stuff with that machine.

the company does however rent bigger machines that will cut anysize you have to deal with.

Urbicide

Here is a link to Gyro-Trac out of Quebec. They have videos of some of  their equipment which are pretty cool to watch. I don't even want to know how much they cost. ;D

http://www.gyrotrac.net/general.htm

Harvey

It's unreal what those machines can do,  what a way to clear land.
For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

Dale Hatfield

I spent a day with the gyro track people and machines. They work really well and and wish i had a toy of mass veg-destruction like that. all that and a cummins motor too
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Thank You Sponsors!