Sponsors:

MORPAC Mill Operation/parts

Started by Meadows Miller, August 19, 2008, 07:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

My Mates Morpac 36" opening carrage has just arived from the US
and I just have a few questions.

operation  of the control pannel can anyone supply scanned coppys of which button does what ?. we where goining to just dead run it to work them out but it would be handy to have.

Parts can you still buy them through Morbark or does sombody else build them now?
if not which parts are compatable ?

thanks Chris.
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Jeff

About what year is the morbark?  CMC and Forestall were almost identical. I've ran one of each. I may have drawings here. If you can take a picture of the control panel, I can probably tell you what does what.  Almost everyone was a bit different.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

I've been running a Morbark for the past 10 years.  The problem is, we've changed everything around so that there really isn't much that is similar to the original setup.  Here's what it looks like now.

Originally, we had a selector switch on the panel that would select a thickness.  There were also 4 buttons that would set the tapers.  We have a 4 headblock carriage.

On the feed handle, there were buttons for set, headblocks forward and headblocks reverse.  There were also buttons for the downturns, dogs in/out, dogs up/down, taper normal, and for the cant flipper.  I don't recall the placement of any of those buttons.

Its pretty easy to change those buttons around, so what my set up was like could be very different from yours.  Its best to turn it on and see what the buttons do before you throw a log on.  I usually do that every morning. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

This would look closer to a stock setup. The thread also contains a post with description of the control functions.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,326.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Meadows Miller

Thanks Guys

Its a late 94 model 3 hb 15' carriage with a meadows 4" by 36 delux edger with 3608 cat power plant it came from MO 1 owner cutting pallet cants and ties that retired 12 to 18 months before he sold it Darran got it through Osark equipment MO
after I spotted it on there site . I must say Osark where very helpfull people in reguards to supplying pics and imformation . The mill cost $17500 and about $18000 Us shipping.

thanks for the info its been held up in customs for the past couple of weeks .when we get it running Ill dead run it with no saw just incase somthing buggers up Ill keep in touch as I help him get it running.

Thanks Chris McMahon

Meadows Miller

Gday Fellas

The qestions start now  :D :D Darran asked me on the phone the other night what the pulse control on the main board as he has looked also on the end of the sett shaft and found pulse also written

My thinking is is related to speed control of the sett and receed speeds As I havent gotten over there to give him a hand yet just been talking him through it on the phone sofar  ;D He is getting close to having it fired up in the next week or two 8)

Thanks Chris

Thank You Sponsors!