iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got some milling done!

Started by Wallys World, August 21, 2008, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

Well i finally took some time this week and got some milling done. Before we moved to Virginia 2 years ago, I milled most of our logs that we had into square cants to move down. I figured it would be easier to move the cants instead of the boards. We have cedar, black walnut, ash, wild cherry and maple cants that need to be made into boards., I did some cedar and black walnut this week. I cut it to 1 inch. 

I didn't get any photos of the black walnut, it is 1 X 8 X 8 foot.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

tyb525

Looks like you got some nice heart cedar
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

Nice cedar and an even nicer mill 8). 

It is OK if you are a little late in posting the black walnut pics :) ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

backwoods sawyer

Good to see you making sawdust, and the boards aren't half bad either. Even though the cants have been drying you may still want to sticker them boards at 16" on center. I milled some standing red cedar snags that had been killed in a fire 50 years earlier and after milling, they started to move. We got them stickered right away and they balanced out fine.  I have had my mill running everyday for the past two weeks, down the coast, up the coast, and am loaded up to head inland in the morning. I just like to smell the wood. Hope you enjoy keeping your milling on the front burner for a while.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Wallys World

Here is a picture of the black walnut, cedar and cherry boards from the other day.

These are not the 8 inch wide black walnut, they are on another wagon down at the shop.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!