iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

all time fav

Started by Old_Hickory, September 10, 2008, 02:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Hickory

hello saw people  just curious as to what your all time favorite and best saw has been
gotta love those XP saws

Captain

That would have to be my "Walkerized" MS460 with a 20" bar  :)

Rocky_J

I have almost a dozen saws and none of them are stock. My favorite is my oldest Husky 346XP ported by Dozer Dan. It's the strongest, fastest 346 I've ever run. With the light weight it's a blast to use. I call it 'Taz'.  :)

Al_Smith

Two actually .One ,an old Mac 650 geardrive which will gnaw through anything .The second a Stihl 038 Mag ,the "Rocky J special " . I did the porting on this saw myself ,runs very well .

oldsaw

Tough question.  I'd have to take my 066.  That said, my little Homie Super XL has always been a satisfying saw.  It just sounds right and does the job.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

beenthere

Stihl 041 and Stihl MS361.....my very best fav.   ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Old_Hickory

so far for me its my Stihl 034AV super but the 372 has the potential maybe with a little more time
gotta love those XP saws

woody1

my favoite is my ole p55 partner, ported.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

sawguy21

My Husky 35. I bought it in like new condition two years ago (owner hated the racket ;D) and it is a great camp/firewood saw. Noisy little beast but simple, light, and does everything I need a saw for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

alderman

I run one of the Shindaiwa 488's most of the time and find them to be very user friendly.

But for kicks I like running the 757 Shindaiwa in bigger stuff.

Corley5

2171 Jonsereds and 372 Huskys
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mike_van

I'm with beenthere - My 041 I bought new in '72 - Stihl makin' chips  8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

cheyenne

My favorite saw is the one the other guy is using while i'm sitting & having a bud. Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

rebocardo

My favorite would be my Poulan Wildthing 2375 because I made back the purchase price on its first use and job and it got me more deeply involved with logging and tree service. Besides Purple and Yellow and Green on a saw is hard to beat  :D  ;)

I have to say my now favorite is the used Stihl 066 I recently bought, I think I will keep it awhile. Though the Husky 365 would be a close second.

stonebroke

041 alltime classic  enough said

Stonebroke

Cut4fun

It would have to be the woods ported Dolmar Makita 7900 I had.

I could run a 16" - 32" buried in rip cuts and it would be scary fast.

I really liked the feel of that saw for some reason and was running a stock 7900 awhile back and it made me miss that saw even more. Even stock the 7900's are the strongest in the class 0-80.

Stock 460's and 372's are boring to run compared to a stock 7900  ;) ;D. 

SawTroll

Quote from: stonebroke on September 11, 2008, 10:06:32 PM

Stonebroke

Way too heavy and clumsy for the power, even in its hayday....... ::)

The Jonsereds 621 is a much better candidate.   :)
Information collector.

stonebroke

Yeah but it was like the energizer bunny, It just kept cutting.

Stonebroke

woodsrunner

Not sure its my favorite or best but certainly my old 36 Husky has been a super reliable and tough little saw. I bought it brand new in 96 or 97 and have worked the stew out of it. I have several others (359, 362, 372, 385) but the 36 has been a really good saw. The 362 and 372 ride in the 4 wheelers all the time in Kentucky and the 36, 359 and 385 are my 3 saw combo in Florida. The 36 gets alot of duty as a farm saw and mostly has to eat thru live oaks, water oaks, sweet gums and laural oaks. It certainly hasn't been babied and is still going strong.

Dan_F

Husky 2100 from 1985. Starts on two pulls everytime and no other saw sounds as good and it has good balance for a big saw. A second would be my 268 with the big spikes :) That is one tough saw.
2001 F-350 flatbed dump, JD 550, Kubota L48, Cat 966, Cat D7, Lucas 613, 14 husqvarnas

SawTroll

Quote from: woodsrunner on September 21, 2008, 10:29:57 PM
Not sure its my favorite or best but certainly my old 36 Husky has been a super reliable and tough little saw. I bought it brand new in 96 or 97 and have worked the stew out of it. I have several others (359, 362, 372, 385) but the 36 has been a really good saw. The 362 and 372 ride in the 4 wheelers all the time in Kentucky and the 36, 359 and 385 are my 3 saw combo in Florida. The 36 gets alot of duty as a farm saw and mostly has to eat thru live oaks, water oaks, sweet gums and laural oaks. It certainly hasn't been babied and is still going strong.

The 36 is made by Poulan, but you are not the first one to say nice things about the 36/41.......
Information collector.

sawguy21

Quote from: stonebroke on September 11, 2008, 10:06:32 PM

Stonebroke
I was a fan of the 041 too but they have sure gained weight over the years. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

stonebroke

Or is it we were just a lot stronger in our youth.

Stonebroke

woodsrunner

That was just mean Niko.  ;D    I think somewhere else I had heard that or read it, I know I had forgotten it!  ;) Anyways, mine has been a really good little saw.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Hmmmmm thats a tricky one I find almost  all saws are good if keepd in excelent condition I know Dads favorte is the Partener 5000 high revving and well balanced and exccelent in production falling Dad says the best DanG saw I ever owned .
I cant be pinned down so easy It would be either Jonsered My first saw which is still running after 15yrs but I have to find a handel assebely for  :'( got a mate looking .
Or My Husky 359 thats 18 months old good revvs power and torqe Dang I might aswell say anything with a Husky or Jonsered bage on it  :D ;D 8)

Used alot of other brands saws over the years but for Myself Ill only ever Buy Husky or Jonsered  those two brands are the Best in the Buissness  8)I might aswell say Brand  ;) :D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!