iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unique Flooring?

Started by clif, October 20, 2008, 01:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clif

I have been looking for a post a couple years ago that had some pictures of plank flooring that one of our forum members put down that was truly unique in that he had planks curving out into the next board that highlighted  knots and grain.  It seems like it was one of our northern neighbors, but I am not sure.  It looked like a lot of work, but worth the effort in beauty.  Can any one help me locate the  thread.  Thanks in advance. Clif
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

beenthere

I believe that was member "iain"

Try his photo gallery. I gotta run, so can't at the moment.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ohsoloco

Speaking of iain, I see he hasn't been active in two years...anyone know what's up  ???

beenthere

clif
Found this in iain's gallery, and enjoyed browsing his pics. He is quite the artist with wood.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=280&page=6

Might not be what you were seeking, but along the same lines. :)

Here is one pic..

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

That IS some nice looking flooring.

I'll bet it did take a lot of time and patience!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Quote from: ohsoloco on October 20, 2008, 02:37:14 PM
Speaking of iain, I see he hasn't been active in two years...anyone know what's up  ???

I've tried to track him down with out any luck.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

That's too bad. 

I recall him posting some pictures of a railing for a staircase as well.  Real cool looking...it may be in the same house that flooring is in, cuz it was in the same style.  I think the railing was larch if I remember correctly. 

....just went and had a peek at his picture gallery.  My memory was right about the larch, but faded as to how amazing that railing was  :o

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thats some dang nice looking flooring and excelent workmanship from the looks of it took a lot of time and effort pitty iain's has not been active for 2 years hope hes keeping well.

Im planing to use 3" to 12" wide pine plank flooring in my home that im starting soon

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!