The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Who has a Concealed Carry??  (Read 18802 times)

Offline Warren

• Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.... Col. 3:23
    • Share Post
Re: Who has a Concealed Carry??
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2010, 05:36:30 PM »
Schools, court houses, bars and banks are CCDW "No No's" in KY.  Apart from these places, in KY if a CCDW holder violates the "No Firearms" sign, AND they are asked to leave, AND they refuse to leave, the maximum penalty is a $25 misdemeanor fine.

I agree with letting the neighbors and Ner-Do-Wells think I am crazy.  Before I started sawing, I used to burn up a couple thousand rounds per year on my range.  Everything frm .22 to .375H&H.  The sound of 8 rounds from a .45 acp smacking steel plates in rapid succession travels a good distance out in the country.  I am quite happy to let everyone think I am a gun nut...

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C, W&S Forklift, Baker Edger ...  And not near enough time in the day ...

Offline WH_Conley

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to tide my profile!
    • Share Post
    • Stone Hill Hardwoods
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2010, 05:50:58 PM »
All it took was 2 shots one night with the right audience to get word out that the crazy guy down under the will kill you. No prowlers or gas thieves since.
Bill

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
    • Share Post
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
All it took was 2 shots one night with the right audience to get word out that the crazy guy down under the will kill you. No prowlers or gas thieves since.
:D
The First 60 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline scsmith42

• Senior Member x2
  • He who dies with the most toys... WINS!!!
    • Share Post
    • Whispering Pines Farm
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
Norm and Patty, congrats on going for your CCW permits.  Laureen and I both have them (I'm a 20 year holder in two different states), and I strongly believe in them.

The best explanation that I've come up with regarding concealed carry is to compare it to having a spare tire in your car.  If my car did not come with one, I would buy one.  Why?  Because I would like to have the option to use it in the event that I need it.  That does not mean that I won't call for assistance, it does not mean that I am "looking for a flat tire", it simply means that I recognize that a time may come (and I hope that it doesn't) where I may need it, and I'd like to have options.

Remember one thing - a spare tire back in the barn doesn't do you any good if you have a flat tire somewhere else.  Same thing with concealed carry.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Offline Norm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2010, 07:48:32 AM »
Very good points Scott! :)

Offline LOGDOG

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
I think my wife and I are both going to get our concealed carry permits. I carry a loaded gun in my truck wherever I go. Here, your vehicle is an extension of your home. While out on the property I always have a pistol on my side and possibly a shotgun in hand for snakes mostly but I have had a few face to face incidents when I first bought this place. They told me that they'd been hunting my place all their life and 4 wheeling back there and I wasn't going to stop them. That's where they were wrong. Most of them got the message and disappeared.

My neighbor is a doctor but is in the Reserves as well. He goes out and shoots on the weekend into the side of his pond levee. He'll shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds to stay sharp for when he goes oversees. It's annoying yes. But I realize that I'd want the same freedom to do so on my place without taking flack for it so I never complain. Plus they're clients of mine.  ;D I may just call up his wife and ask her, "Well, is the guy on the paper target dead yet?" ...she laughs. The only thing I have trouble with is that they start at like 6:30 in the morning on the weekends. ::) I kind of like to sleep in a little on Saturdays.

What's that bumper sticker say? "If they outlaw guns then only Outlaws will have guns." I think people need to stand up for their right to own and carry firearms. The alternative above is downright scary.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
Will I carry a gun come January 2011? Most likely not but it's nice to know I can if needed.  

Good answer.  I've had mine for 10 years and Pat has had hers for 5.  I may not be carrying, but it is never very far away.  It's our option.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline indiaxman1

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:45 PM »
In my rural area, everyone hunts....gun range mile away...never felt needed handgun until a deep woods confrontation with drunk horsefolks...swore it wouldn't happen again....reputation for being slightly deranged helps...typical vet stereotype from SE Asia....but worked to my advantage...try and be fair to all...but keep powder dry

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
A knock on the RV door very late one night.  "Wait just a second while I get my pistol".

No more knocks.  All is quite....except the giggling inside of the RV.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline LOGDOG

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »
Nice. I guess they had a change of heart about how important it was.  :D

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »
Today was "Renewal Day" for my carry permit.  Three notarized forms, a current picture, and $57.00.  The new fingerprinting is awesome.  No more ink.  Just touch the pad, and your fingerprint shows up.

I'm now good for 5 more years.  Pat's renewal  is soon.

Offline gary

• Share Post
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:45 PM »
I have my application for mine here just have to fill it out and send $25.00. Pennsylvania is an open carry state. No permit necessary if you don't conceal.

Offline Tug Hill Walt

• Share Post
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 04:04:04 PM »
In N.Y. It's not only hard but expensive to get a permit.  Gona ruin $100-200. At least it is still lifetime. The only state that licences both the owner and firearm.
Now some anti group has posted names and some addresses of permit holders online. Other states too. I need a bumper stic ker that reads " We aren't armed against the government,  We are defending ourselves because the government won't "

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
concealed carry clothing

Started by Tim L on General Board

30 Replies
Last post March 29, 2006, 12:05:44 AM
by J_T
xx
Where to carry a second spare?

Started by Qweaver on General Board

19 Replies
Last post May 11, 2014, 08:08:14 AM
by Chuck White