iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ThankYou, Bibbyman

Started by Bojangle, July 18, 2003, 09:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bojangle

Well, this might be a little long..(this is my first time)
   It all started in Feb. when we had a ice storm here in WV and we lost a lot of trees. I told my wife that I hated to see all that wood go to waste.( we have about 300 acres) I need to put siding on the house and garage,also need to build a deck and shed. I told her how much I could save(ha ha) by getting a sawmill and cut the lumber from the trees that were damaged. Started investigating on the internet and wow, I found ot that there is all kinds of really great equipment out there.What started out as a search for a small(ha ha) mill turned into one with full hydraulics, after all I would be working this thing alone. After three months of looking at mills and going to the timber show in Pa. I decided on a mill. Told the sweet little wife all about it."How much?" When I told her, well, we"ll leave that part out.Finally I got her to look at Bibbymans website and how his wife ran the mill (See you can help me honey) and at there vacation pictures and all.She says "you are really wanting to do this aren't you?" and I says "Uh huh,besides I can work it part time and make some extra money." Well after seeing Mary run the mill and seeing that it can be a family thing and all. I got the green light. I did have let my truck go for now. But I have my new mill on order and I can hardly wait.

ps.I am getting a Baker htl 30 with the Kubota diesel and debaker.

pss. I Really Want To Thank Everyone For Sharing There Knowledge On This Site and The Woodweb Site. I have Learned A Lot, and I know I have a whole lot more to learn. 8)

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum Bojangle.

Well,  I was blushing ;D from your great testimonial until I got to your first PS.  :-X
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Here are a couple more web sites that feature women sawyers.

LaGrange Resources, Inc

Barb Gill has been sawing drying and installing custom floors.  Her work looks fantastic.

BTF Sawmill

Allen and Linda Root work together with their full-time sawmill operation.

I know a number of other women that run mills themselves or with their husband but don't have a web page.

Note, They all have one thing in common,  they all run Wood-Mizer mills!
Sawing since '94

Bojangle

Bibbyman, I thought you might not care for my choice in mills, but after looking at both, I thought the Baker would be better for me. I did not like having to walk with the head with saw dust blowing in my face and I like having the board dragbacks.

Bibbyman

Bojangle,

It's great you're getting a mill - even a Baker.  We've got a couple of Baker mill owners on the Forum but they don't want to talk about'em. If you don't have a way to make digital pictures to post,  please get a digital camera or scanner.  Keep us updated.

Mary and I hope to be able to attend the Paul Bunyan forestry show in Nelsonville, OH this fall.  Maybe we'll have a chance to meet.  I've been in Virginia and West Virginia a couple of times.  Nice country.  I could be real comfortable there. ;)

Mary don't walk with Command Control and she don't get much sawdust in her face because we've got a dust blower hooked up and there is a big fan above (not in picture) and behind her blowing down on the back of her head.

Sawing since '94

Jeff

Tammy and I are hoping to make it to the Paul Bunyan show this year.

Bibbyman

Here is a link back to a thread under the Travel category about the Paul Bunyan Forestry show.  I had linked in a bunch of pictures I had taken the year before (now almost two years ago) and put out on Cartogra but now they have changed their rules and I don't think the link works.

Anyone going to Paul Bunyan Show?

Always a conflict is time.  Last year we just couldn't get away the two extra days to go to the show.  Also,  the date is the same as the Ozark Farm show in Springfield, MO.  While it's not a forestry show,  Wood-Mizer and other mill guys set up there to demo.  We meet a lot of sawyers from Missouri and Arkansas there plus seen a lot of interesting farm stuff.
Sawing since '94

EZ

Wow ,that wood be GREAT to see you guys at the Paul Bunyan show. I hope, I hope. ;D
EZ

Mtnjack

Mtn Jack will be there lets have a picnic and talk in person?

ARKANSAWYER

So Bibby sells a Baker!    Wonder why he is giving me so much %^@$#%% about me wearing a blue shirt.  Maybe I need to go back to Warden Sawmill and look in the Other shed?   We may have to talk about this next week in Mt Vernon.
  But welcome Bo any way and let us know how the wife takes to sawing.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

wiam

Arkansawyer,

What is Warden Sawmill?  Just curious.

Will WARDEN

Bibbyman

Will, I got an uncle named William Warden.  He spent the last 40 years setting on the bench in front of the courthouse.  He was so reliable they finally gave him the job of putting out the flag in the morning and taking it down in the evening. :D
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Mebe you guys are long last identical cousins?

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, bojangles.  always good to have another sawdust maker in the house. 8)
Frank Pender

Bibbyman

Maybe Bojangle needs to check out what happened with me and ElecricAl.

Saturday Sawing

For almost two years we had two Wood-Mizer[/i] [/size] mills. I got to run the one she wasn't using. ;)
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Wiam,
  Warden Sawmill operation is Bibbyman's and Mary's outfit.  It is quite a spread.  I would post pictures but I am only allowed in there at night and no cameras allowed.  Something about infringement rights and such.  I leave under the cover of darkness as well.  Bibbyman comes here in unmarked car and stays in a motel in another town.  Wife says it is a good thing Bibbyman and I live so far apart.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

AtLast

Jeff...Im lookin to goin to the PB show myself if you mean the 1 in Nelsonville....HEY..I growed a tuther tree!!!!  8)

wiam

Jeff
We can't be identical, I have'nt worn bibs in 15 years.

Bibby
I am curious because most of my family are geneological nuts and many generations ago Wardens from here went out to the mid west.  In fact my dad is headed for a reunion out there now.

Will

Bibbyman

And I wasn't invited.  ::)

Great grandpa was George Washington Warden.
Grandpa was Walter Andrew Warden - Born in Write County MO in 1884, Had brothers Tom and Charlie.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Well it wasn't us.  We're from a different clan and not quite that old either. :D

Bibbyman

What happened to Bojangle?   Anybody know?  Did he get his mill?  
Sawing since '94

Jeff

You just wanted to bring this to the top dincha? :D

VA-Sawyer

I will certainly say thanks to the Bibbyman on this thread. He has been a real help to me on a problem I had with my mill.
Thank You again,
VA-Sawyer

ARKANSAWYER

Well you know how it is with them folks who buy them Baker Mills.  They get proud and do not want to hang with us lowly Orange bunch.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!