iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Depression

Started by cheyenne, December 25, 2008, 03:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyenne

Well Effie went to California to spend Christmas with her son and I was so depressed I let  Santa talk me into buying a big piece of yellow iron. They shouldn't let ebay sit under the christmas tree. Well depression is gone but I hate having Christmas cheer by myself so me and santa are going to have a cocktail and wish all here a Merry Christmas......Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

sawguy21

Wishing you all the best. I know what it is like being alone at Christmas. No place to go and even if I went visiting, I felt like a third wheel,like I didn't belong. It was a time to be endured, not enjoyed.
Is there something you would really like to do like going for a long walk and throwing a stick for the dog?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

cheyenne

I thank you for the thought but I'm fine, I like being alone, besides the dog died and theres 5 feet of snow in my woods. Just threw some logs on the fire and made a cocktail. Enjoy your evening......Cheyenne

cilley

feeling depressed as well.........alone is not good.......have family.......but when the one u love is not there..........as in my case as well.........just not a very merry Christmas.........going to have a cocktail with u........to us and all our friends.....happy holidays..........going to saw those last six logs tomorrow and call it done for the year........ aj in nh

cheyenne

Can I get you a beverage while I'm up....Cheyenne

Rocky_J

Too many Christmases alone with my bottle, had to give it up a few years back. Most of the time I enjoy my solitude and I go to great lengths to maintain it. But there's a handful of days out of the year when it downright sucks and Christmas is one of them. But tomorrow is another day and the world will be back to normal again.
Hang tough, guys.  ;)

cheyenne

Rocky I've always enjoyed your post here because you tell it like it is. A man after my own heart. I to will go to any length protect my privacy and solitude. If we were nabors we'd have to have fifty miles of trees between us to be naborly....Merry Christmas.....Cheyenne

Norm

I was disowned by my family many years ago and this time of year makes it sting a little. It helps that Patty and I have our family that we love and care for but sometimes you let the old memories come back and bother you. We are like family on the FF and you can  always come here and know that there's friends that will listen and care.

mike_van

So, cheyenne - Where's the photo of the 'big piece of yellow iron'?
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

cheyenne

Won't be delivered till the 1st. but i will takes pics and post if I can figure out how......Cheyenne

stonebroke

what you gonna do with it?

Stonebroke

cheyenne

Put some dams in the streams, dig out & enlarge the trout pond. Rebuild the roads that are all washed out from the utility co,s screwup. New septic systems. Put another pond in the back of the property. Lifting trusses for the new saw shed. The list just goes on & on & on & on....Cheyenne

Jeff

I was waiting for the expected simple answer.

"Anything I want"  ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

stonebroke

Sounds like you have a plan.

Stonebroke

BrandonTN

I feel ya on the holiday stress. Family is great, but  my family has had some issues in the past. So it's the time of year to "take the good with the bad [without killing anyone]."  :D
Forester, Nantahala National Forest

cheyenne

And I forgot the best part. Watching Effie go roundy....roundy....roundy on it. She loves playing with the toys and she has the naturel touch to be a good operator......Cheyenne

Norm

Patty does too, I have her run the trackhoe while I run the dozer. She's a little slower and more cautious than me but that's a good thing. :)

She doesn't do too bad with the dozer either. ;)

Tom

Oh-h-h-h   How I like that picture. 

covet, covet, covet, covet, covet....

pigman

Patty sure looks good in that machine. I wonder if anyone should tell her that the blade needs to be lowered a little before the machine can do anything but make tracks. ;) Maybe the machine is going backwards to start another push, therefore the blade is in the proper position. :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!